Epilogue!

Lacey.

I smile over at Emma as she curls further into my side, her head resting on my shoulder, her arm around my waist, she is so beautiful when she sleeps.

Travelling with her has become my new favourite thing, so far we have been to London, Paris and Rome, right now we are in Venice, we arrived at the hotel only an hour ago and Emma fell asleep straight away tired from all of the travelling, unlike me she doesn't get jet lag which I hate her for, I wish that I could just curl up and fall asleep, but unfortunately for me, the sleep doesn't want to take over.

So here I am laying in bed with Emma Daniels my former student curled up into my side while I read her journal.

I was shocked when she handed it to me on the plane ride to London.

"Here" Emma smiles handing me her journal from school.

"Why are you giving me this?" I stare at her in confusion taking the book from her hands.

"I'm allowing you to read it" She says.

"What? Emma you don't have to do that, this was just an exercise for you to get out of your head, you didn't want me to read it, so I won't" I shake my head and try to hand it back to her.

"No it's okay, I want you to, I want you to understand me better, I want you to know me"

"I do know you"

"Okay then I want you to know everything about me" She shrugs softly.

"Emma" I say at a complete loss for words.

"It's okay" She reassures me once more.

"Thank you"

"For what?" She asks her now being the confused one.

"For trusting me" I tell her honestly.

"I've always trusted you, I just needed to be ready for you to see it"

"And you're ready?" I ask making sure.

"Yes I am" She smiles softly.

So since that night on the plane I would read one of her diary entries every night, some nights should we even take it off of me and add more to it, this always just makes me curious and want to skip to the new entry, but I don't, I force myself to wait and read it page by page, reading each entry at a time.

It's a scary thing being given a book into someones mind, to be able to read all of their thoughts, some of the entries scare me, hearing her thoughts, the way she thinks, she thinks too much sometimes, I knew she suffered with anxiety but I never really knew how bad it was until I started reading her Journal.

It has made me love her more though, for putting her trust in me, allowing me to read her darkest thoughts, scared that I will run but hoping that I won't.

But I could never, I have tried reassuring her many times, But I believe she is still worried, so I continue to try every single day to help her see that I will not leave.

Because I can't leave, not now, She is bound to me for eternity.

"What are you doing?" Emma mumbles nuzzling her face against my shoulder.

"Reading" I tell her softly.

"Go to sleep" She mumbles.

"I would if I could"

"Jet lag?" She asks already knowing the answer. "Yeah" I respond.

"Want some help?" She asks her hand travelling down my stomach and toying with the waistband of my pyjama shorts.