Chapter 8

Lacey

The bell rang signalling the end of the day and as much as i would love to go home and snuggle up on the sofa with a nice cup of hot chocolate, i can't because i have the joy of spending another hour in school with none other than Emma Daniels.

i pulled my glasses off the bridge of my nose and placed them on my desk, i rubbed at my eyes leaning back in my chair.

"You Okay?"

i pulled my hands away from my face and saw Emma sitting on top of the desk opposite my own.

"Just tired" i told her honestly.

"well we can totally skip this detention and both go home" she grinned.

"Hmmm no i don't think so do you?"

"Oh come on Miss.Harding, you're tired and i don't want to be in school for another hour, how about you be a lovely teacher and let me off of detention for today, and if you're feeling extra kind you can even drive me home" Emma smirked.

"Nice try Emma, take a seat" i told her.

"i am sitting" she grinned.

"Take a seat on a chair" i sighed.

"but i am comfortable where i am" she shrugged.

"do you enjoy getting under my skin?" i asked her raising my voice slightly.

"Slightly, but only because i love when you get all flustered and pissy with me"

i groaned and ran my hands down my face, pushing my chair back away from my desk until i hit the board behind me, i leaned my head back and closed my eyes hoping that when i opened them i would be at home on my sofa, except that wasn't the case, when i opened my eyes Emma decided to move closer and was now perched on my desk, her legs swinging just above the floor as she studied me.

"why are you sitting on my desk" i sighed.

"i wanted to be closer to you" she told me.

"this game of yours is seriously going to drive me nuts soon"

"what game?" she cocked her head to one side, her hair falling like a vail over her face, and she looked so inexplicably beautiful in that moment.

"This" i said gesturing my hands backwards and forwards between the two of us.

"the kissing me in school, and then in the bathroom at the club, and now this being all annoying trying to get under my skin and now adorable, you're giving me whiplash Emma"

"Adorable huh?" she smirked.

"out of that sentence that's the part you had to pick up on?" i squinted my eyes at her.

"well when a sexy teacher calls me adorable, hell yeah i am going to pick up on it" her teeth clamped over her bottom lip, and i'd be lying to myself if i said i didn't want to bite it.

i felt my cheeks heat up and i looked down at my lap trying to avoid her gaze, did she really just call me sexy?

I cleared my throat and looked up at the clock, has it really only been 5 minutes since she arrived?

"Stop avoiding my gaze Miss.Harding" I loved the way she called me Miss Harding, it just rolled off her tongue and sounded so sexual.

"Why would I be avoiding your gaze?" I asked lifting my eyes to meet her own.

"You're blushing because I called you sexy" she smirked.

I sighed and tilted my head back in my chair.