chapter 27

Lacey.

"Babe" Emma calls from the kitchen in her own home.

"Yeah?" I call back racing one of Josh's cars across the floor with him.

"Can you come and help me a second?"

"Yeah of course" I stand up slowly and Josh watches me as I go.

"I'll be back in a second bub" I smile down at him and make my way into the kitchen.

Emma finally decided to allow Josh into her heart along with Christina and I am glad that she has, we come over every sunday to have dinner with them, it's nice to be able to go to family dinners, Emma said before that she has never really had a family, and well I felt the same way, until now that is, I know that they are not my family, but they have let me in and allowed me to become a part of it, Christina found on the day of Josh's fourth birthday that I am Emma's teacher, she was extremely shocked at first and didn't really know how to handle the situation, yet she still accepted it and welcomed me with open arms, I never expected that response from her, and I was shocked myself when I received it.

But she said the reason that she accepts it is because she has seen how we interact with eachother, she can clearly see the strong feelings we hold for each other, so she decided to not care that Emma is my student, and I am so grateful for that.

I enter the kitchen just as the doorbell rings.

"Ugh forget about me, go get that" Emma sighs clearly struggling with Christina in the kitchen as they cook the meal.

Today Trisha and her boyfriend has been invited over as well as Bailey, I'm not quite sure why, I guess Christina wants to get to know the people in our lives, and guess she wants them to all feel welcome.

As I open the door I am shocked it's not one of the people from our small guest list.

"Aaron" I say confused.

"Lacey" He responds with the same look of confusion on his face.

"Aaron" I hear Emma comment behind me.

Okay what is going on?

"Hey little sis" He smiles walking straight past me and towards her wrapping her up in his arms.

She hugs him back but glances over his shoulder at me, as if questioning me what he is doing here, I shrug my shoulders at her just as confused as she is.

"What are you doing here?" She asks him confused.

"I actually came here to talk to dad, wait what are you doing here?" Aaron questions looking down at Emma.

"Em who was at the door?" Christina asks walking out of the kitchen wiping her hands on a tea towel.

"Whose she?" Aaron asks confused looking at Emma and then back over at me.

"Aaron this is Christina, she was engaged to dad" Emma explains as Christina steps forward and shakes his hand softly.

"Your father never mentioned you" Christina says confused glancing over at Emma who just shrugs softly.

"Doesn't surprise me, what do you mean was engaged?" Aaron asks pointing his question at Emma.

"Lacey come play with me" Josh calls from the living room door way.

"Who is he? What is going on?" Aaron questions looking at everyone's faces.

"We should talk, are you okay with doing dinner?" Emma glances over at Christina.