Chapter 4

I'm walking back home from school. Wednesday is the least worst school day of the week because it's over at 2 pm. Just as I'm about to walk through my door, I hear someone shouting my name. I turn around and my heart stops for a second: Karlie. God she's so beautiful. Today she's wearing a casual grey tee and blue jeans, used look. I don't know how she does it but she can rock every look. She just looks stunning and it doesn't matter what she's wearing. I bet she's hot without clothes too. Not that I pictured it in the shower. Anyways so Karlie Kloss was shouting my name, so I stopped and walked a few steps towards her, and she runs to me and jumps in my arms. "Hey?", I say. She steps a bit back and smiles at me: "Hi Taylor! I was just wondering if you'd like to grab lunch and chill a bit in the park? Toni is busy and Cara is in detention, so I'm a bit lonely and since we're friends I thought we could hang out." "Yeah of course. Sounds great! I just drop my bag off and then I'm back, okay?" She nods and I hurry. When I come back, she tells me to pick a restaurant. "What about this salad bar three streets from here?" I know that Karlie only eats vegan food so I figured it would be a good idea. "Oh my god yeah! What a great choice Tay! I used to eat there literally twice a week! The food there is awesome! Let's go!" She just called me 'Tay'. Why am I so happy about that? What is wrong with me? Anyways I wanted to ask something: "What happened? Why don't you go there anymore?" "Uhm... well Toni doesn't like it. She prefers the expensive and luxury restaurants. So yeah when I'm with her I can't go there and if I'd try to bring Cara I'd probably die. She just loves bacon so much!" I laugh and she smiles. "Well I love salad bars!" Stop lying Taylor, you were never ever in one. I'm walking down the street with Karlie. It feels so right that I have to remind myself that this is not one of my dreams, where I can kiss her and hold her hand and do all this couple stuff, but just two friends grabbing lunch together. When we have finally arrived, Karlie orders a fancy salad and because I have literally no idea what to order I take the same. "Mhmm this is good!", I state. "You sound surprised... But yeah I love it, too." While eating we talk about stuff like why Cara's in detention. Funny story: She somehow managed to break the blackboard, while writing bacon all over it. After we've eaten we head to the park. We sit down on a park bench under an old oak tree, facing each other. "So I was at the cinema with Ed and after the movie I really had to pee but the ladies restroom was full and it was really urgent, so I went to the men's restroom and when I was washing my hands a man came in and saw me there and he was like 'oh my god! Um I'm really sorry - I mixed things up' and before I had the chance to say something he walked into the ladies restroom and some woman reportet the security that a man is in the ladies restroom so he got led away. It was so funny like - nothing bad happened because he explained himself but still so funny! I just ran outside so the security could not find me." "Oh my god! That's probably the funniest cinema experience I've ever heard!", Karlie laughs. She's so beautiful when she's laughing. She throws her head back like a child and shows her perfectly white teeth and a little dimple is there at her face. Ah she's just so beautiful! I could watch her laughing all day, it gives me life. "So um... did you make up with Toni?" There was the question I wanted to ask her all day long. I look at her fearing her reaction. Are we close enough to talk about stuff like that? She looks down and I'm already sure she won't answer when she starts speaking: "It's complicated. We made up yesterday and everything went fine again. The volleyball match was fun, we won and were celebrating together and we went to this little party of this guy called Justin and we were drinking and dancing and laughing and then a really drunk Cara came to us and she kissed me on the mouth and told me that she loves me and then she left because she had to throw up and I just laughed and Toni was starting to make bitchy comments so I teased her a bit and said that Cara's a better kisser than her and then she got crazy and went home and when I was at home I called her and she said some stupid stuff and well - right now we're not fighting but we're not okay too, so I don't know. I think I'm just tired of all this drama." "Oh okay." Great answer Taylor: "Sounds like you need some time to figure this out." "Actually I don't know if we can figure this out. I don't even know if I want to figure this out." "What does that mean? Do you still love her?" Wow that's a really deep question and we are new friends so this was risky Taylor. "I... um I... y... yeah I guess. I mean I don't know it anymore. I used to feel butterflies when I saw her, my heart would skip a beat when we kiss and I would get the shivers when she tells me that she loves me but now - I don't feel it anymore. And that's horrible of me and I hate myself for this. I guess it'll come back when we're good again. If we're good again." "You know if you're not happy anymore you should just end it. There's no use in a relationship that makes you unhappy. Sometimes you have to destroy old things to make place for new and better ones." Great job in promoting yourself! Karlie bites her lip and looks to the ground: "Yeah that's true but is it fair? I mean she's my girlfriend since nearly a year and we've been through some stuff together and she means so much to me and all the things she did for me, the things we did together and all this stuff like our first kiss - I can't give these things up just because we're having a hard time. Every couple has this now and then." "But having a relationship is all about being in love and being happy. Why sticking with someone who makes you unhappy?", I try to convince her. And actually I really mean it - not because I want her to be single but because I want her to be happy. "I don't know Taylor. It's really complicated. Something I have to think about for some time." "Whatever feels right is the right decision. I'll support you no matter what." "Thanks Tay! That's really sweet of you." We spend the next hour talking about weird stuff, nothing important or special but we laugh a lot and it just feels right. It's nearly 8 pm when we decide to go home. When we stand in front of our houses, she takes my hand. I shiver and when I look into her eyes I feel the urge to kiss her and it takes all my strength to control myself. "This was amazing Taylor! I had so much fun today and I was able to think about happy things and I am really glad that I have you. We should do this again soon!" "Yeah! I really enjoyed today. Any plans tomorrow?" Karlie's smile fades. She looks down on the ground when she answers: "I guess I'll be with Toni..." "Ou yeah I understand of course..." I can't hide my disappointment and actually I don't want to. "I like you!" Karlie's smile is back and she's grinning like an idiot. I can't help but smile even though I'm blushing. "I think I like you too!" "You're so cute when you're blushing", she giggles. I blush even more. Great. "Anyways I see you tomorrow Tay!" She hugs me, gives me a quick kiss on the cheek and before she disappears in her house, she turns around one last time and waves at me with a huge smile. I smile and wave back. My knees are weak and I try to controll my breathing on the way inside my house. This was amazing. I feel so happy it's unbelievable. "Where were you?", my mum asks. "Just chilling with Karlie. Nothing special. I'm tired - Goodnight!" I don't hear her answer cause I've already closed the door. I'm sitting on my bed with the guitar in my hand. I start playing my new song 'You belong with me'. After I played the first part I start writing something new.

Walking the streets with you and your used look jeans

I can't help thinking that this is how it should be

Laughing in the park, thinking to myself

Hey, isn't this easy?

Okay... Not that bad.

And you've got a smile that could light up this whole town

I haven't seen it in a while cause she brought you down

You say you're fine, I know you're lying

Hey, what ya doing with a girl that makes you crying?

It's time for the chorus a little bit different this time.

She wears high heels, I wear sneakers

She's Cheerleading Captain and I'm on the bleachers

Dreaming about the day when you realize and get it

That what you're looking for has been here the whole time

If you could see that I'm the one who understands you

Been here everyday, so why can't you see?

You, you belong with me, you belong with me

Karlie Kloss. You belong with me!