Chapter 9

It's Wednesday so I'm only one week and 3 days away from the talent show. It's kind of terrifying but I always liked performing. The bigger problem is that I don't have a song to perform - yet. I probably should start writing but everytime I try my thoughts drift to Karlie. Right now she's at this party of this Dylan guy. I was actually really flattered that she asked me to come with her - she tried it like a million times, the last time when she arrived at that party but I am not a party girl. And there are only the 'cool kids' and I'm definitly not one of them and they wouldn't be happy to see me there. I sigh and grab my guitar. I start playing 'You belong with me'.

You're on the phone with your girlfriend, she's upset

She's going off about something that you said

'Cause she doesn't get your humor like I do

I can't help thinking about what Toni and her are doing right now. Kissing, snogging, fucking? It hurts.

I'm in the room, it's a typical Tuesday night

I'm listening to the kind of music she doesn't like

And she'll never know your story like I do

I smile when I think about 'Someone like you'.

But she wears short skirts, I wear T-shirts

She's Cheer Captain and I'm on the bleachers

Dreaming about the day when you wake up and find

That what you're looking for has been here the whole time

If you could see that I'm the one who understands you

Been here all along, so why can't you see?

You, you belong with me, you belong with me

I've changed the lyrics a bit and I like it. I'm pretty sure that these will be the finished lyrics.

I jump out of surprise when I see light in Karlie's room. Probably one of her sisters or parents is in her room. But when I look I see Karlie standing in a nice dress staring at the sunset through the open windows. It's only something like 9:30, why did she drive home so soon?

T: What happened? Y are u home that early?

K: Nothing. Everything's fine :) It was just really boring and as you reminded me - tomorrow's school so I shouldn't be out that late and definitly not drinking.

T: Respect that's really mature of you young lady! ;)

K: Ou shut up Taylor!

T: Goodnight! When I was your age I used to be tired at this time 2. You don't need to be ashamed. :P

K: Shut up Tay! I danced my ass off and my feet hurt so bad so yeah I'm tired but that has nothing to do with my age!

T: Yeah sure. Goodnight! xo

K: See ya 2morrow! xo

K: <3

I sigh. 'Konversations' with Karlie always make me happy. Even though 83% of them are pointless, I love them endlessly. With new power I start playing again.

Walking the streets with you and your worn-out jeans

I can't help thinking this is how it ought to be

Laughing on a park bench, thinking to myself

Hey, isn't this easy?

The memories of this day come back and I smile. Just thinking about it makes me happy.