Chapter 6

They're holding hands. But for once it doesn't kill me inside. They both seem uncomfortable. Normally they would both smile and even if they're not happy the fact that they're together would make them stronger and you could clearly see the love between them. Not today. They're on good terms again, they kiss and do all this couple stuff but it's not the same. When they kiss it's not passionate, when they hold hands it looks like they feel uncomfortable, like their hands don't fit anymore and their 'I love you's sound just like any other phrase, like they don't mean it. They don't seem in love anymore.

„Taylor you're a jerk!", Karlie laughs and slaps my arm lightly. „Ou!", I scream playfully. We both laugh till our stomachs hurt. A few moments ago Karlie was about to cry but somehow I made her laugh and it is the best feeling in the world I swear. We're chilling at a lake. It's getting dark already but we don't care. „Look! Fireflies!", Karlie screams. I smile: „They look beautiful." „And magical.", the brown haired girl says with a dreamy look on her face. She leans her head against my shoulder and I hold my breath for a few seconds before I continue breathing again. It feels so right! „This is actually kind of romantic", I state and regret it immediately. She removes her head from my shoulder. What the fuck Taylor? This makes her uncomfortable. But I was wrong. She looks into my eyes and I stare back. „You're right", she says and then smiles at me mischievously. Okay, this was unexpected. I realize that I'm staring at her lips and maybe a little bit at her boobs and I immediately look away. She giggles and I blush even more. „You're cute when you're blushing." „Thanks", I say sarcastically. „Like what you see?", she says with a gigantic smile on her face. I bite my lip and look into her eyes. The darkness around us makes her eyes glow. If you'd ask my what's my favorite color I'd answer green. The green of Karlie's eyes. „I've probably seen worse", I answer finally smiling at her. „Well you look stunning today. I like that dress." My cheeks are burning and I have to look away because if I'd look into her eyes she could see my real emotions. She could see how excited I am just because of something small she said. She could see that I can't stop staring at her lips, because they look so full and pretty and just kissable. She could see that I get lost in her eyes everytime I look at her. I need to change the topic so I grab my guitar and start playing one of my own songs.

Today was a fairytale

You were the prince

I used to be a damsel in distress

You took me by the hand

And you picked me up at six

Today was a fairytale

I wore a dress

You wore a dark grey T-shirt

You told me I was pretty

When I looked like a mess

Today was a fairytale

„You're so talented Taylor! I'd bet all my money on you that you're going to win the talent show." I blush. „Thanks Karlie! I'm not that sure but I appreciate you being an optimist." „I'm not just an optimist, I'm your fan!" I smirk. „So you're going to make crazy t-shirts and signs?" She laughs. „Of course! I'll run around with 'I love Taylor Swift' shirts for the rest of my life!" I have to cough. God she has no idea what that means to me. My body is frozen just because she said ‚I love Taylor Swift' and it wasn't even in that context that she'd mean it. „I'd love that", I answer. Karlie smiles and stands up. „Come on! It's 23:30 and even though tomorrow's Saturday my parents won't be happy that I'm out that late." I nod and she pulls me up. On the way home we sing along to the radio and laugh. Just driving with her feels so great. I don't know how she does it or what she does but somehow everything I do with her is awesome. No matter what. Karlie parks her black Seat in front of her house. We say goodbye and hug each other and I get a goodnight kiss, which is placed actually very close to my mouth. The butterflies in my stomach are going crazy. When I'm already halfway in the house, I hear her calling my name. „Taylor?" „What?" She walked to my house and stands now about 10 meters away from me. „You know your song..." „What's with my song?" „You're singing about your prince charming." I nod. „Have you ever thought about it, that maybe – just maybe you're prince charming isn't a prince but a princess?" Here I'm standing. 0:30 in front of my house with an open mouth staring at the love of my life, who has just suggested that I'm probably gay. „I... I don't know. I-" She laughs. „I don't want to make you uncomfortable Tay." „No no! It's just – yeah. I may have thought about that." That was the truth. I just kinda came out to Karlie. What's going on? Karlie smiles and starts walking towards her house. But she turns around one last time. „I'm wearing a dark grey t-shirt, just saying!" Then she's inside. What. The. Fuck. Did this just really happen? Am I crazy? Am I dreaming? I don't know how long I stayed outside staring at Karlie's house and thinking about what she sayed and trying to process that.

The next day a ringing phone wakes me up. „Hello?", I say annoyed and sleepy. „Oh my god! Your sleepy voice is so cute. Like kind of sexy but mostly cute." Karlie. „What the fuck Karlie? It's like in the middle of the night!" „It's 1 pm and since I've seen that your room is still dark, I decided to call you and wake you up." „You did a great job. Congratulations.", I say sarcastically. „Thank you!", she giggles. „Well that was basically it. Now move your ass out of bed Tay and enjoy what's left of your Saturday." „I wanted to enjoy it in my bed. Sleeping. You ruined it Kar!" „You know I could come over and we could enjoy this Saturday in your bed together. It would be a little bit different than you planned but I'm sure you'd like it." I could literally hear her gigantic smile. „Karlie my brain doesn't work yet. All I can think of is sleep. If you want to come over and sleep with me, great, I don't care. As long as I can sleep." „This was the most unromantic invitation for sex that I ever got." „What??" Now I'm confused. Why is she talking about sex? „I'm sorry Taylor. I'm sure I'd enjoy sleeping with you but I'm meeting Toni in 20 minutes so I have to go. Sadly." Toni. I groan. „Wow okay you're really tired. I let you sleep. Bye!" „Bye."

When I wake up it's 4 pm. The first words I'm thinking of are Karlie, sex and me. That's strange. The memories of the phone call come back and my brain finally processes what Karlie said. She was basically asking me if I'd like to have sex with her. I smile. She's constantly flirting with me. I'm pretty sure it's just the way she is and that she acts like this around everybody but I can't help feeling happy. Then again – now she's with Toni. Greaaat. Yesterday she told me, that they don't fight anymore and Toni behaves actually really nice and everything but it doesn't feel the way it used to feel anymore. Karlie was still optimistic that the feelings will return but when I looked into her eyes I was surprised. It seemed like she was doubting her own words. In the end all I want for Karlie is being happy. And right now she seems happier when she's chilling with me than when she's kissing Toni.