thirteen

DOUBLE UPDATE

**

Luke was drunk again. 

Luke was crying again.

Luke didn't want to live, still.

About an hour before, Luke texted Calum and all it said was I can't do this anymore. After that, Luke wouldn't answer, no texts back, calls going straight to voicemail, and Calum was scared. So what Calum decided to do probably wasn't the best thing to do.

"Michael, be ready to go in five minutes, we have to help Luke," he said on the phone, hanging up as soon as Michael uttered a confused "ok".

When they pulled up to Lukes house, Calum ran inside, leaving Michael in the car still, very confused.

"Luke! Luke please open the door," Calum begged, banging on the front door.

The Luke that opened the door, it wasn't the Luke that Calum was used to.

His face stubbly, his eyes red with tear streaks on his cheeks. His body seemed shaky, like he was about to break down, right there, and in his right hand, a bottle of vodka. 

"Luke..." 

"What do you want Calum?" he snapped, taking another drink. 

Calum walked into the house, "I was so fucking worried about you, look at you! You're drinking! Do you know how unsafe that is! Drinking shouldn't be a way to escape your feelings!"

"I fucking hate myself Calum! Who fucking cares if i end up hurting myself while I'm drunk? I want to die!" Luke screamed, throwing the almost empty bottle against the wall, shattering it to pieces. 

Michael ran into the house, "Calum, Luke! What the fuck is going on?"

"Are you fucking kidding me Calum? You brought him here?" Luked screamed.

Calum flinched, "I, I thought he could help somehow,"

"WHY CAN'T PEOPLE JUST LEAVE ME ALONE? MICHAEL DOESN'T FUCKING CARE ABOUT ME AND NEITHER SHOULD YOU," 

"Luke please calm down, please" Michael asked quietly, stepping closer to Luke. 

"Stay the fuck away from me Clifford," Luke snapped.

"Michael be careful, he's really drunk," 

Michael frowned, stepping forward one more step, then Luke cracked.

"DIDN'T YOU HEAR ME SAY STAY AWAY?" Luke screamed, picking up his favorite acoustic guitar, the one Michael played, and he smashed in onto the ground. The sound of the impact rang out, Luke dropped to his knees, realizing what he just did. He broke down in tears, loud sobs rang out into the quiet house, he was broken.