t w o

I checked my watch and waved to Kayla again, who was chatting up our taxi driver. Kayla has always been, let's say, a people person. She will talk to, party with, (sleep with) anyone. And I mean anyone. If you're cute, you get to hang with Kayla for the night. Boy, girl, dog—she will party with you.

So I was the least bit surprised when she exited the cab swaying her hips and waving the guy's number in my face.

"Congratulations," I said, sarcastically.

She looked at me with a smirk, "What? He was cute."

"You said that about that guy at the bar last night, and the girl serving us coffee last week," I rolled my eyes. "Sooner or later you're going to get an STD or something."

"Oh get that stick out of your ass and live a little." She said as we walked through security. The man checking our passports and gave us a weird look. Awkwardly, I mouthed 'sorry' to the officer.

That's the thing about our friendship: Kayla makes me do the things I'm too scared to do, and I stop Kayla from doing the things that will get her arrested. Sure, at times I play things on the safe side, but I'm never the one to end up in tears.

"Ha! Fee, look at this!" She said, picking up a teen magazine, "Apparently, this magazine can give you everything you need to know about Kayla McBride and Ophelia Burns!" she said with fake excitement.

I shook my head, "Those things are so stupid, why pay money for something you could just find out on our channels?"

"Ooo, look who it is!" She opened the page to a picture of Dan and Phil, "It's your boyfriend," she said. I grabbed the magazine out of her hands and put it back.

"Shut up, I told you I don't like him." I said, turning from her and starting my way to the terminal.

"Would about that dream you had a couple days ago? Hm?" she asked, raising her perfectly sculpted eyebrow. I shook my head and got in line to board.

"Oh Dan," she started in a breathy voice.

"Please don't do this here," I said, lowly.

"Oh yeah," she said, a bit louder, "Oh right there! Dan, yeah!"

The woman in front of me turned around, and I put my face in my hands, repeatedly telling her to stop. Kayla was now doubled over in laughter.

"Kayla?" I heard from in front of me. Fucking fuck fuck fuck. I know that voice. Fuck.

With my face still in my hands, I heard Kayla next to me, "Daniel! How long has it been? Since Playlist yeah?"

"Yeah, think so. Hey were you just, like, moaning my...?"

Quickly, Kayla spoke over him, "I'm sure you guys know Fee," she said.

I looked up, and as if my cheeks couldn't get any redder, they did. There, in front of me, was actual Dan and Phil. I looked up at Dan and gawked at his overwhelming height. Damn, he is tall. I tried not to let my knees buckle at the thought of hugging him, the way my head would fit perfectly on his chest. I tried not to think about his heavenly hands--

"Hi Ophelia," Dan said, and the sound of his voice pulled me out of my trance. Say something, you idiot.

I opened my mouth to speak, but just then a lady called over the intercom for people boarding First Class.

"Oh that's us," Phil said to Dan, "It was nice seeing you guys!" he said. They headed towards the door, and Dan turned back to look at me.

For a moment, our eyes connected, and I simply waved. He gave me a half smile, waved back, and I swear our worlds stopped. He turned and left, and I was completely transfixed on him. I didn't realize I was still waving until Kayla slapped my hand down.

"Why are you always so awkward?" she asked, and I shrugged. She smiled and shook her head, "Don't have a crush, huh? Sure."

"This is going to be an interesting weekend," I replied.

hey thanks for reading, you're pretty cool, i guess. Keep it up:)