f o u r t e e n

My eyes opened to the harsh light of the morning. Immediately, my arm came up over my eyes until they adjusted. I looked around the room and my body tensed. I was not in my room. My head started racing as it pounded with a hangover. I was in a place I did not know, laid next to a man I did not know, not wearing any clothes.

I quickly threw my legs over the side of the bed and picked up my clothes off the floor. Moving out of the room as quietly as possible, I look over at the man I slept with and recognized him as Matt.

Quietly I tip-toed out of his bedroom to find a quite expansive flat. The ceilings were high and the large lounge flowed elegantly into the stainless steel kitchen. Damn, this guy is rich. I shook my head and pulled my phone out of my purse to see I had 18 calls from Kayla, a text from Phil, and surprisingly a voice mail from Dan. I sighed as my thumb hovered over it.

"Leaving so quickly?" I heard from behind me. I spun around to see Matt.

"Oh, um, yeah I really should go home." I said quietly.

"Oh come on," he walked over to me and put his hands on my hips, "Stay for breakfast?"

I shook away from his touch, feeling as though I were to vomit. "No, I really need to go home."

"At least let me drive you."

Matt lead me to his car outside, which had a slick black exterior with a pristine shine. I got in the car, the black leather seats warming my body. He started the engine and pulled fast out of the spot.

I didn't say anything, and looked out the window as he drove. We were in the nice part of the city, I don't come around here often.

When we pulled up to my flat, he got out and walked me to the door.

"I can take it from here," I said, avoiding his gaze.

He smiled, "I had fun last night. We should do it again sometime." He winked at me, and I gave him a weak smile, and I unlocked the door as he walked away.

Right when the door opened, I was met with Kayla. She was looking at me, confused. "Who the fuck was that?" she asked.

I just looked at her. I had not answer to give, anyway. My eyes shifted past her to find Dan, his eyes tired and his hair a mess. He locked eyes with me.

"Where were you last night?" he asked, his voice laced with hurt.

"Dan," I said, tears springing to my eyes.

He took a step towards me. "Did you sleep with that guy?"

I looked away, shaking my head with embarrassment. He sighed, pinching the bridge of his nose.

"Why would you do that?" Kayla asked from behind me.

I turned to her, rolling my eyes. "Why do you think? I'm a goddamn mess. Mostly because of you," I said, pointing to Dan, "But it didn't fucking help that we got in a fight. Please, I'm so tired." Tears started rolling down my face. I looked at Kayla, who held sympathy in her eyes. She shook her head and walked out of the room, leaving Dan and I. She knew this was our problem.

I locked eyes with Dan again, and he stepped forward and took me into his arms.

"This isn't how I wanted things to work out." I heard him say. "I kissed you the other night because I wanted to, Fee. I-I just wish I wasn't such a goddamn coward all the time."

I pulled away and drew my eyes together. "Say what you need to say, Dan."

"I'm trying to say that I like you too."

sorry I'm so terrible at updating....anyway, merry christmas:)