s i x

The actual trip for coffee was a blur, but slowly if felt myself relax around him. Undeniably, however, my feelings remained, despite the conclusion that this wasn't a date. He walked me back to the flat, giving me a short hug before bidding a goodbye, promising to do 'this' again.

I trudged into the flat and fell onto my couch. Kayla emerged from the hallway with a mug of tea, still in her pajamas.

"How'd it go? You guys gunna fuck," she lazily said, flopping onto the chain next to the couch.

I groaned into the pillow, my muffled explanation causing her to nod in understanding.

"Maybe this will take longer than expected," she said, bringing the mug to her lips.

I ran a hand through my hair, "I'm giving up. I think I might just suppress my feelings until they go away."

She laughed and walked away, chucking a 'good luck with that' over her shoulder.

Unfortunately, bottling up my feelings proved to be much harder than expected. Of course, It didn't help that Dan and I texted each other non-stop for the next few days, my heart never failing to flutter when I got a text.

It all started when I saw a text post when scrolling though tumblr that I thought he would like. I screenshotted it, and, after about fifteen minutes of pacing my small room, I built up the courage to send it. After that, it was just a never ending flow of memes and random jokes and stupid videos between him and me. Once, I was laughing so hard at something he sent me, Kayla actually had to come into my room to check if I was okay.

He claims I'm the perfect person to text because we have the same sleeping schedule. In fact, the only times we aren't texting is between about three am and eleven am when we are sleeping.

Despite the occasional freak out, I actually became more comfortable around Dan in just one short week. When he asked Kayla and me to come over for dinner, I didn't even feel the need to vomit! See, improvement.

"Ophelia," Dan said, opening the door when we arrived.

"Dan," I replied, smiling. He chuckled and I walked past him up the stairs, hearing him greet Kayla behind me.

Phil was in the kitchen, already making something that made my mouth water.

"Hey Phil," I said, leaning against the door frame. He looked over to me and smiled, pulling me into a hug.

"Dan doesn't stop talking about you," he smiled, and I felt my face flush. He chuckled and went back to making dinner, "Go pick out a movie or something, I'm almost done," he said, moving the spatula around the pan.

I found Kayla and Dan in the lounge already laughing at something Dan was showing her on his laptop. I flopped next to Kayla onto the couch, and Dan's eyes averted from the screen to me.

"Um," I said, feeling his eyes on me, "Phil said to pick out a movie or something."

Dan pointed to the shelf full of movies and shows, and laughed, "Good luck deciding."

After dinner, where Dan nearly chocked on his food when Phil accidently made an innuendo, we all crashed onto the couch for the movie. I ended up sitting on the floor with some pillows because a) Dan and Phil are actual giants and b) Kayla gets what she wants. We turned of all the lights, what Dan likes to call 'emersion' and started some movie I picked at random.

Three quarters of the way in, I heard someone snore. Turning around, both Kayla and Phil had fallen asleep, and Kayla was already snoring. My eyes met Dan's and we both stifled a laugh. It's probably because Dan and I's sleeping schedule is so fucked up, we are the only ones left awake.

Dan shuffled a bit over, making some room at the end of the couch. He flicked his head, motioning for me to join him. I crawled up, with my blanket still around my shoulders, into the small corner he made for me. We sat their silently, laughing whenever Kayla talked in her sleep or Phil rolled onto his side.

Eventually, I felt my eyes begin to get heavier, and I shifted to put my head on Dan's shoulder. It was soft and comfortable for me, my head fit seemingly perfectly into the crook of his neck. I felt him tense when I did, but he relaxed and soon rested his on mine. We both fell asleep like that.

i'm crying. thx for all the support on the story! it's only getting started!  please like and comment to help my story grow:) love you all!