f o u r

I suck in another breath, my lungs screaming for fresh air. I never liked elevators. It might be the way I'm ridiculously close to other people (or, rather, they are too close to me) or the idea I can never control what is to happen. I mean, I just have to trust this metal box with get me to my destination safely? What the fuck is that.

Just as I nearly decided to carry my large suitcase down the stairs, the doors opened to a floor. And, of course, who else is it besides Dan and Phil.

"Oh, hey guys. Are you on your way out, too?" Phil greeted, pulling his suitcase onto the elevator.

Dan followed him, coming to stand next to me.

"Hi Dan," I managed to say. He looked down at me, and smiled that adorable half-smile. I could only imagine waking up to that in the morning, as the sun shines through the windows...

"Hey Ophelia," he said, and I met his eyes again. He stood so close to me I could feel his body heat radiating off of him.

"Oh, please, you can call me Fee," I said, embarrassed.

He looked away, thinking, "What kind of name is Ophelia, anyway?" he laughed. "Isn't she a character in Hamlet?"

I smiled, thinking of my ridiculous parents, "My mother always liked the way it sounded. Little did she know Ophelia ended up committing suicide half-way through the play." I felt myself inherently

He laughed, "Spoilers."

I looked up at him, drawing my eyebrows together with a grin, "Spoiler? How have you not read Hamlet?"

He shook his head, leaning down to me as if he was about to tell me a secret, "I'm joking you, Fee," he said, and dropped his eye into a wink. My heart fluttered at the gesture.

When the doors opened, he left me there, flustered and nearly drooling over him. Kayla kicked my shin, pulling me into the lobby.

"Bye guys," Phil yelled back to us.

Just before they left, Dan turned back to me, "Oh hey, Fee," he said. I looked up at him as he ran back over to me.

"We should get together sometime back in London," he said, a bit out of breath. Get together? What does that mean? He said it in the most casual tone ever, and I could only imagine he means as friends, but at the same time, I can't help but hope he means something more.

I looked up at him, my eyes wide, "Of course," I said, and we stood there for a moment, just looking at each other. I swear, I could get lost in his eyes, as if they were a maze I never wanted to get out of.

"Oh," I laughed, "Um, here, I'll give you my number," I said.

He laughed, and after we exchanged numbers, we said our goodbyes. How did I get so lucky?

All the way to the airport, and even onto the plane, I was thinking about the encounter. As Kayla slept next to me, I found myself looking over the clouded skies, thinking. What am I doing? I'm nearly slaving myself over the thought of him, but what am I to him? Another fan? A new friend? I shook my head, unable to unearth the reason my mind is so hooked on him.

"So," I said to Kayla as soon as we got home, "Do you think he means 'get together' as friends? Or as a date?"

Kayla threw herself onto the couch, obviously annoyed at my anxiety over it, "Who cares? Just go out with him and have a good time."

I sighed, "But, don't you think-"

"Listen, Fee, I'm really tired," she interrupted. "Try to not over-think it, seriously. Just let life take you the way it wants."

"Fine."

hey cuties, thanks for reading. Comment and like what cha think! As my tumblr followers know I kinda just update whenever, so don't expect much of a schedule. BUt you can turn on notificaions for wattpad to tell u when I update so thats cool. Love you all, thank you so much for reading:)