eleven

After we finished our meal, we climbed back into the car. The driver's eyes widened at Liam and his new appearance, but he continued driving.

But there was one more trick up my sleeve.

"Sir?" I asked, tapping on the window. He nods to acknowledge me, never turning his head away from the road. "Can you drive to the Third Faction? Town Center, please."

"Why?" He scoffs. Liam nudges me with his leg, but I simply smile at him despite his worried expression.

"We have business there involving the new law," I tell him. It was a flat out lie, but he simply nods and makes the right hand turn to the Third Faction instead of the turn towards the castle.

"Dawn," Liam hisses, keeping his voice low, "what are you doing?"

"Liam. You're going to see your family," I tell him. His eyes widen in surprise, before his face breaks into a large smile.

Once the Third Faction comes into view, Liam is almost hopping up and down in his seat in anticipation. I smile at his ways, especially when he almost bounds out of the car when we reach the town center.

"I'll wait here, your highness," the driver informs me as I climb out of the car. Liam waits for me outside, and I hear the murmur of many other people as royalty steps out of the car.

Liam takes my arm, smiling from ear to ear. "We live on the edge of town. It's this cozy one story loft. We're very lucky, my mom even has her own room."

I smile at him as he pulls me through the bustling crowd, which almost seems to part as we make our way through.

A small neighborhood comes into view, each building only the size of a store found in the Shopping Square we just came from, and yet many families lived in just one.

And sure enough, Liam approaches a building at the very end, falling apart at the seams, but smiles even wider at the woman standing out front, watering some plants.

She drops the hose at the sight of Liam, bringing her hands up to her mouth in shock, her eyes tearing up. I understand- she thought she'd never see her son again.

"Liam?" She asks in surprise, before launching herself into his arms. She had a very small, petite figure, and Liam easily picked her up, squeezing her tightly.

I saw the similarity between the two, Liam had inherited his mother's eyes and the brown hair that fell down to the woman's waist.

"Mom," Liam exclaims, finally setting her down. He remembers me, turning the woman toward me. Her expression becomes extremely angry, and she matches up to me and shoves me.

"You!" She screams, and immediately Liam tries holding her back. "You tried taking my son from me! My only son! You sick people!"

"Mom!" Liam cries out, hugging her arms to her sides and looking apologetically towards me. "Mom, this is Dawn. If it wasn't for her I wouldn't be seeing you in the first place."

She continues to look at me with disdain. "Yes, but she's also the person that requires your attention 24/7."

"Mom." Liam states calmly. "It's not her fault. She's trying to protect us- help us. She's only looking out for our well-being and people are taking it out on her. Please be nice."

I smile at her, raising my hand to wave. Her face softens.

"I'm sorry then, Dawn," she apologizes. I shrug, not really knowing what to say.

Liam takes my hand, pulling both me and his mother towards the home. We walk up the stairs to the third floor, where Liam described his "cozy" loft.