Chapter 4: Apex {Revised}

"Sir, the providence has reached Apex." a battle droid says to a human figure sitting on the captains chair. "How long till we are in range?" The figure says in a slightly menacing tone. "About 30 minutes" the battle droid replies. "Alright..." The figure says. "Sir, there's a transmission coming from General Grievous." A droid informs. "Play it through." The captain responds. With the droid pressing the open transmission button, a hologram of Cyborg appears in front of the figure. "Have you made it to Apex?" Grievous says. "Yes, we are ready to test our new weapon."

"Good, good, the Jedi will not have any kind of weapon to defend them selves. Mwahahahaha" Grievous laughs evilly, but then starts coughing after his laughter.

"I'll send you the test results as soon as the planet turns to ice." the figure smirks evilly.

"I do not want failure. This weapon must work and it is the key to victory." The transmission ends. "Are we in position?" The figure stands up. "Yes sir, we will fire when ready." a pilot droid says. "Fire at once." The figure commands as he approaches the deck to see the freezing ff the test subject. "Yes sir." the droid replies as he tells his companions on the weapon station to open fire. With one long charge, a beam bigger than Russia itself, fires upon the planet. 

Slowly but surely, the purple beam starts freezing everything and everyone on its path, tearing down anything on its path. The captain smirks at his progress and sits back down on his throne. "How long till it's frozen?" The figure asks. "About 10 more minutes for total nuclear winter sir." a droid replies as he presses buttons on his control panel. "Alright, once finished move this cruiser back to separatist space. We need to stay away from the Jedis."

With the planet fully frozen, the ship jumps to hyperspace at the same time the 720th legion jumps out of hyperspace.

"Sir, we are too late. . ." Arc sadly reports. "Sir, I think you should take a look at the planet." Pinpoint says as he and the rest of Breakfall squad are looking out the window of the Jedi Cruiser. Arc and Lance walk to the window and look at the horror bestowed in front of them. "The whole planet it's....frozen!" Arc  exclaimed in disbelieve. "That's cruel! We need to punch them where it hurts!" Domino says enraged. 

"Calm yourself. Recon, any signs of surviving life down there?" Lance asks in a small voice of desperation of any survivors. "No sir the planet looks- wait, one faint heat signal is being picked up by my equipment." Recon says as he taps a small screen he is holding. "Even if it's one. Breakfall squad go get your winter armor and meet me at the gunship." Lance orders as he heads down to the hanger. "You heard the general. move!" Arc says as his team run to the armory and change to their snow armor.

"Sir, are you really going in that?" Arc says when he reached the hanger and was beside the general. "Yea, just regular Jedi robes. Why?" The Jedi asks. "I'm just saying you'll freeze in that" Arc replies. "Nonsense" the knight replies with a smile. "Whatever you say general" the doors to the gunship closes and the pilot flies them to the location of what used to be a city about 10 minutes ago.
-----
"Everyone move out, don't leave any stone un-turned. We need to find survivors, even if it's just one." Lance says as he starts searching inside huts. Inside the huts where every basic need up to date with air conditioners, faucets, sinks, etc. 

"Sir, why is there that kind of technology inside these huts?" Arc asked as he searches inside the same hut as Lance. "They're Alf's, Advance life forms, or so it translates roughly from their ancient language. They mix the past with the present. They can live nearly twice the average wookie life, so they do know a lot about the past and the present." Lance states as he starts looking and opening doors. "It's a shame that an advance civilization got wiped out. All because we where 10 minutes late." Arc says, a little bit mad. "The separatist will receive justice and we will destroy that weapon, you can count on that" Lance says as he looks inside the living room. "No doubt in that, sir" Arc answers back as he looks inside a closet. Inside the closet is a female Alf, with her elf ears dropped down and her face showing that she is scared at seeing the helmet, she crawls back to stay away at the foreign man, for she does not know if he'll harm her.

The Alf is wearing a tight, sleeveless white with red trimmed shirt that reveals her stomach and the bottom part of her back, a khaki colored tight short with white stockings that go up to halfway her thighs and is one inch away from overlapping her short, with long socks instead of shoes that reveal her heals and her toes. "Sir! I found a survivor, and she looks scared." Arc calls his general. Lance comes running to look at the mint-haired female survivor, who looks not older that eighteen. "Hello there. Do not be afraid, we are here to help" Lance says as he extends his hand to help the teen up. The female teen doesn't takes his hand and instead crawls as back as she can up against the wall. "You must be cold, here take my coat." Lance removed his robe coat, leaving him in a sleeveless shirt and long pants. The Alf woman takes the coat hesitantly and puts it on, which is currently keeping her warm. 

"Good. See, we aren't bad. We just want you to come with us to a safe place." Lance says as he extends his hand again, and this time, she takes it and hugs the Jedi tightly. "Ok, that's fine" he tells the girl. "Arc tell the team to get on the gunship and for Recon to prepare for medical care" Lance tells the Captain as he relays the orders shortly after. Lance carries the cold Alf in his arms and takes her to the gunship. "Sir what happened?" Recon asks as the gunship takes them back to the Cruiser. 

"She somehow survived and is freezing, I need you to keep her warm and to make sure she doesn't have frostbite or hypothermia" Lance tells the medic. "Yes sir, I'll give her the best treatment I can offer." Recon assures. Once aboard, two clones rush with a medical bed and put the purple eyed survivor on it and rush to the medical bay with Recon on their tail. "Sir, we should report this weapon to the Jedi council" Arc says in a serious tone. "Yes, let's go." Lance agreed. Once he arrived on the bridge, he quickly contacts the generals he needs to speak too.

-----
"Master Yoda, Master Kenobi, Skywalker, and Master Windu. We have tracked the new super weapon to Apex, but we where too late. The weapon froze the planet and only one survivor was found" Lance reports. The Jedis look at each other. "The location a of its next target, do you know?" Yoda asks. "No Master, Arc here says the ship hyperspace back to separatist territory" Lance says. "Just took down one weapon just so the droids make a new one. This won't end." Anakin says with a sigh.

 "Talking strategically, sir, the ship should go back to a shipyard and receive maintenance for the next attack, meaning that we cannot touch it until it attacks." Arc says. "But if Grievous is leading that ship, it should attack soon." Lance adds. 

"I assume we can't help if that's what your applying, Cody and his men aren't available at this time." Kenobi says.

 "The 501st would gladly lend a hand but we can't risk to jeopardize our mission. We still need to supervise the movement of the injured clones." Anakin tells Lance, unhappy that he cannot help his fellow knight. 

"I do not wish any help at this time, we are heading towards the nearby systems to check if the weapon hasn't been used again. We will call with any further news." Lance says as he bows. The transmission then ends and Lance walks to the holo-table. "Arc, if you where in command of that ship, where would you attack next?"

      "Probably any nearby systems with republic units to test it again, sir" The Captain replies. "Then to Naboo, that's the closet planet with republic occupation." Lance says, and quickly orders his pilots to head towards Naboo. "Let's take this weapon and tear it apart." The yellow eyed Jedi says as the Cruisers jump into Hyperspace.
-----
NOOO THEY WHERE TO LATE!!! If only the Navi-Computer worked faster. What did you think Lance?
Lance: this super weapon cannot be let loose, my men and I will personally destroy this weapon!.

LP: whoa whoa, I hope you do. Recon anything to say?

Recon: The survivor vitals are good and healthy.

Well next time, will the republic catch this weapon and destroy it? Will Naboo survive or will it be turned to snow? Will Waypoint ever stop eating THE DELICIOUS DONUTS!! Waypoint get out of the kitchen

Waypoint: YOU'LL NEVER TAKE ME ALIVE!!

Hope you liked it :D