Chapter 19: Chanosant Plot

Three weeks have passed since the attack on the Cosmic. The general was on the bridge of the ship, looking out the large window that showed the vacuum of space. His mind devoured by the thoughts, or more, a reflection, of what occurred the past weeks. He folds his arms while he kept thinking about the events. Has he failed? Could he not help his friend Jelia anymore?
       'A friend to what degree?' He thought, for he knows every time he speaks to her his heart jumps a little. A Jedi must not form attachments, 'but I am sure I am not forming any.' Lance struggled with his emotions and the way he was taught in the temple. How can generations pass, and no one realize emotions is part of living life to the fullest? Has it just slipped their mind to prevent them from being tricked?
       'I need to let go. There is no emotions, there is peace.' The Jedi says the code to himself. However, can their be peace if emotions can't lead the way? Weren't many fables based around emotions? So why then, must a Jedi neglect this?

This was the first time Lance had truly reflected and questioned the way of the Jedis. It's not that he doesn't want to go against the code, for it is the way of his life and the philosophy he lived by. But like a person's aim with a blaster, shouldn't the code be tested?
      "No. Those thoughts lead people to the dark side." Lance finally stopped his train of thought and walked back towards the main section of the bridge, where the holo-table sits and two blue screens are on opposite sides of the table. "Any word on our spies in Chanosant?" He asked, wanting to get his head on something other than the Jedi code and its rules.

"We have received word that a separatist speaker and leader will be landing and will make a speech to encourage more people to work for them." Arc, having his A.R.C helmet placed on the rim of the circular table, informed the general about the word on Chanosant's streets. "Hmmm." Lance murmured, thinking about the plan now that the target was in play. "Jelia agreed to the plan, but I'm not sure if she feels like exposing herself that way." The Jedi said, concerned that Jelia might not step up to the plate, especially after what happened to Ethan.
"I'm sure the commander will do her part. We just need to worry about our part." The captain said, adding the information the table had into his wrist pad. "They cannot know I am a Jedi, Arc. Therefore, when I am down there, you will address me as either sir or Liaretar, understood?" The Jedi asked, wanting confirmation that he will not be addressed as general. "Yes, Liaretar." The captain said with a smirk. Lance smiled, a bit mischievously, and walked to the turbo lift, or elevator, afterwards. "Prepare your gear. Nothing that can be traced to the Jedis or GAR." He said before closing the lift's door. "Whatever you say, sir." He snickered and checked his gear.
-----
"Are you sure you won't need my assistance, Ketaeni?" Kierra, the force-sensative agent of Dooku, asked the young blinded man, who is currently aboard a separatist shuttle. A strip of blue cloth is wrapped around his eyes, but he does not need them to see.

"I am certain. If any problems do arise, you will be the first person I contact." He assured the woman who offered her help before he ended to hologram transmission. He may be physically be blind, but he has other ways of seeing what is in front of him, for he has been implemented with a device to help him be aware of his surroundings. "Excuse me pilot, when will we arrive?" The wealthy passenger asked. "We shall arrive on the Lucrehulk any minute now, sir." The B1 pilot answered his question. Ketaeni nodded, taking a seat and going over a few notes he wrote down on his datapad. He added a few new notes while erasing a few as well. Kateani needed his speech to be strong, but not terrifying. If his talk went the way he visioned it to be, then he will soon be able to construct a droid foundry on Chanosant. Of course, this will his private droid foundry, but will sell manufactured droids to the separatist with a twenty-five percent discount. This way, the competition will be forced to lower the prices, and until then, he might just be close to being their main producer. "Almost. just almost." he muttered to himself. Once the shuttle landed, the ramp on the back openned, allowing the passenger to exit. "Thank you pilots. I hope you have a nice day." Ketaeni told the pilots before getting out of the ship. "what a nice guy."

"Welcome aboard, Mr. Risamu, It is nice to finally meet you." A Neimodian male said, giving Ketaeni a fake kind smile. The Neimodian was not alone, for he was accompanied by another of his kind. "Good evening, or should I say good night? I am never sure when aboard a cruiser in space." He said, walking pass the two green colored skin aliens. "I am sure it is evening." The other Neimodian said, following the human towards the main part of the ship. "I am Siton Lurey and this is my colleague, Direm Guseram." Siton introduced himself to the wealthy man while walking beside him. "I am well aware who both of you are. Now, my I ask why both of you are aboard my cruiser?" Ketaeni asked, already knowing that the two wanted to make a deal that can jeopardize his ownership over the facility he so wished to construct. "Ah, you are just like your father, always going straight to the point." Sito said, acting all friendly to get on Ketaeni's good side. "I suppose I am. Now, please answer that question or kindly leave my ship."

"We are here to lend you a loan, with no interest charges." Sito answered, making a bold move for not including interests. "Now why would I want to do that? I already have the funding needed to construct my droid foundry. Besides, I already have enough debts to pay because of my father." Ketaeni said, brushing off their offer like if it was a joke. "Now, if you excuse me, I have actual business to attend too." He said as he entered the negotiations room, the door closing when Ketaeni entered the room. Two super battle droids made sure the Trade Federation businessmen do not enter the room.
-----
"Jelia? Are you done?" The general raised his fist to gently knock on the door, but the door slide upwards, and Lance laid his eyes upon the most gorgeous woman he had ever met, and her outfit more than certainly made the young woman look attractive. "Yes. . . I am." She softly answered? Her head tilted towards the ground, but was still high enough where she can move her eyes up to look at the Jedi's yellow ones.
       "You look stunning, commander." He complemented. A light blush appeared on her pale-like cheeks. She moved her left hand up to her ear and moved a lock of her behind her ear,

 She moved her left hand up to her ear and moved a lock of her behind her ear,

"Let's just get this over with, General." She murmured, for it was enough for her to put on this slave outfit, and her self esteem lowered a little when the man she looked up too placed his gaze upon her.
       "Of course," Lance said, walking towards the hanger bay, where Tech and Recon were both waiting for the two officers. Both clones had a similar outfit that resembles that of a Naboo soldier, or that of a Rebel Sullust Soldier. The two had brown hats on as well, and only Recon was equipped with a backpack while Tech had a S-5 heavy blaster pistol holstered on his right thigh. The two are waiting beside the Twilight, which Anakin Skywalker had agreed to let them use for this operation.

     "Sir, we are ready to go." Recon said when he saw the approaching general. "Stick to the plan. If any of the slave owners are experts, they will know that the Commander is very valuable, and will quickly make her pass to the private selling. Linger around during the public slave selling to make sure Jelia does not get sold. Pinpoint and Domino are already in an the inn, so you'll have sniper fire if things go south. Waypoint has already been hired to drive Kataeni, and hopefully Jelia if things go as plan, to Kataeni's holdout. Wait for further instructions after that." Lance explained the roles and who is already on the ground. Jelia and Tech get aboard the fighter before Recon.

"Sir, are you sure this is the best plan?" Recon asked, who stopped halfway from walking up the ramp. Lance stayed silent for a second and replied. "No. But it is the only plan that can get us what we need."
-----