Chapter 17: Guarding the Cosmic

"I don't think she'll like that story," Captain Arc says, walking besides his general. The Jedi chuckles as he continues walking down the hallway that leads towards the hanger bay where the Jedi will inform the clones about their newest assignment. "Calm down Arc. I am still just seventeen, so cut me a little bit of slack. Plus, at the end of the story I always say it's not entirely true." The Jedi gets inside the elevator, followed by the captain. "I know sir, but knowing her, she'll probably twist your tongue so you don't speak ever again." Arc says, trying to stop the general from repeating his story. "Well Arc, you don't have to worry about me, it's Pinpoint who started it." Lance exits the elevator and steps into the hanger. "Also, may I ask why you changed your armor color to mint green?" The Jedi asks, curious to find out why they changed colors from his yellow to this new green that matches the color of Jelia's green hair. "You lost the bet sir," the clone starts I explain, "we didn't make it back to the gunship. Instead we entered the vacuum of space."
       "Who would make a dumb bet like that?"
------Last Mission-----
"We won't make it back to the gunship." Jelia says with a sigh while leaning against the gunship's door. "Why do you think that?" The yellow eye Jedi asks the survivor. "Well, if I was a separatist leader, I would probably keep the hangers locked down." She answers the question. The Jedi nods when he hears the response. "Well. We aren't exactly going to go through their main doors." The Jedi counters.
"If we don't make it back in time, the 720th legion will have to change their yellow to....my hair color." She bets, twirling one of her Westar-34 on her right hand. "Which hair color? You always seem to switch from purple to green." The Jedi says. Jelia smirks, "Green. My
Clan's members would wear green when it was hunting time."
"Deal." The Jedi agrees to her terms.
-----Now-----
"....oh. I remember now." The Jedi walks foreword, getting closer to the hundreds and hundreds of clones gathered. "Well general, let's hear what you have to say." Arc and the Jedi get on the elevated platform about three above the ground, making it an ideal place to say the "speech" about the next mission.

"Listen up men!" Lance starts his speech, the clones paying close attention to what he has to say. "Breakfall squad and I have captured a major separatist droid leader. It is our duty as soldiers of the republic to send this scrap metal back to home base in Coruscant. This ship WILL be targeted by the separatist. They will try to hijack this cruiser, but I have faith that we will be able to fend of any attackers. The balance of the war lies in your hands, men." The clones all nod and process the speech. As far as they know, this is a simple escort mission, except the escort is a high leader of the Confederacy.

     "Who are we!" Arc shouts, standing in front of Lance. "Soldiers of the 720th Battle Legion, Sir!" The clones shout their reply. "Then get to your posts! Prepare to defend this ship!" Arc shouts. "Hurrah!" The clones shout before heading back to their posts. Lance smiles and steps out of the platform alongside Arc, who was carrying his helmet under his right arm.

"LANCE!" The Jedi heard his name being shouted with anger. Arc sighs, already knowing whose voice that is. The Jedi turns to his side to find Jelia angrily approach him, her face red with embarrassment as she stomps her way to the Jedi Knight. Behind her is Recon, his blonde hair pulled back to a small ponytail since he doesn't have his helmet on, followed by Pinpoint, the person who has been spreading the false stories, and lastly Domino, the man who dyed his hair blue for the heck of it. "WHAT KIND OF STORIES HAVE YOU BEEN SPREADING!" She shouts while harshly poking his chest, causing Lance to take a few steps back. "What do you speak of, Jelia?" He asks, slightly nervous to have an enraged woman scowling him. "PINPOINT TOLD ME THAT YOU THINK THAT YOU AND I KISSED!" She exclaims, rage found in every corner of her tone. "Well. It was like a life saving kiss." The Jedi replies sheepishly and with a shrug, emphasizing the word 'like' for it was mouth to mouth CPR. Arc decided to intervene, mostly because he doesn't want a mushed general leading him to battle, "I'm sure he'd only do that to save your life. It was not a kiss-"

"Was too!" Pinpoint shouts, causing Domino to snicker at his comment.

Jelia huffs and storms off, her face flushed and her muscles tense. Lance keeps his finger below his lips and gently rubs his chin. The captain seems to be in his own world of shock, while Recon can simply shake his captain. Pinpoint's mouth would go wider, but that's as far as his jaw can lower while Domino is completely confused at what has just taken place in front of him. "Wait? Was she not mad at him because Pinpoint said he kissed her?" Domino asks his team. "You are correct." Replies the medic of the team. "So why'd she kiss him?" Domino asks a follow up question. Recon keeps shaking his captain, trying to wake him from his trance. "I-I d-don't know...." Pinpoint says as his face flushed and his body shakes a little. For the past few weeks he's been trying his best to get Jelia to notice him, one reason is because she's one of the only girls aboard the Cosmic, she because his life long dream is to acquire a girlfriend. "Hey guys...," Tech jogs his way to his teammates, "...what happened?" He asks. He's never seen Arc enter some sort of trance, or Pinpoint's face be as red as it is now. "Jelia kissed the general." Domino answers, still uncertain of what he just witnessed several minutes ago. "W-what!?" The technician asks in disbelief. "W-when!? Why!?"

"A few minutes ago." The medic answers as he ends up slapping Arc in the face. "FGJLRKDJA WHAT!?" Arc shouts, snapping out of his trance. Recon sighs, glad that his captain will not need a therapist of some sort. "Oh C'mon! I spend ten minutes working on something and I miss the biggest drama thing aboard this ship! What kind of thanks is that!?" The technician rants loudly as he crossed his arms. "I don't know. Now stop blabbering and let's get back to work." Arc says.