Chapter Ten: Mom's home

I fiddled with the keys and opened the door. I dropped my bag in the kitchen and ran over to the living room, to my surprise a woman stood there facing the family photos.

"Holy shit mom." I grinned running over to my mom, she turned around and smiled. I wrapped my arms around her tightly stuffing my face in her neck.

"When'd you come back?" I asked. "Yesterday, I wanted to surprise you but I never got the chance." She smiled stroking my cheek, she sighed pulling away and nodded to a black bag. "What are those?" She asked.

I furrowed my eyebrows in confusion, she sighed and unzipped my bag holding chains and such. The chains I borrowed from Stiles. "Class project." I lied, fiddling with my fingers. "Sweetheart, don't lie to me." She spoke softly. I shook my head, stuffing my hands in my pocket.

"I'll tell you later alright? I promise." She sighed but nodded anyways. "I bought a house, not to far from here. I bought it before you arrived here." I smiled staring at the carpet. "We're going to start packing tomorrow. I already packed your stuff, their stacked." I smiled at my mom before kissing her cheek and saying a small goodnight.

***

"What is this?" The doctor asked leaning inward to the file. "Is this a misspelling?" The doctor asked turning to the Sheriff. "Just call him Stiles." My mom sighed. The doctor went on explaining what a MRI was.

I was here with Scott, Melissa, Sheriff and my mum. The doctors were running test on Stiles for the disease that his mother died with. "-Stiles just remember will be on the other side of this glass." Sheriff reassured Stiles. Stiles nodded playing with the fabric on his gown.

"Do you know what they're looking for?" Scott asked. "It's called Frontotemporal Dementia. It's where cells in the brain start to shrink. It's what Claudia had." I said, fiddling with my fingers nervously. I felt the familiar burning sensation in my eyes, I glanced up and saw Scott and Stiles tearing up too.

"It's the only Dementia that can hit teenagers." Stiles added shakily. "And there's no cure." He finished sipping his tears. Scott looked up at Stiles, but a tear rolled down his cheek. "Stiles if you have, we'll do something. I'll do something." Scott reassured.

Scott was offering him the bite, and for a split second I wanted him to receive the bite. I can't loose him, I need him. And the bite was the only way to cure Stiles, he'll slowly start to heal. He'll be cured.

Stiles smiled and nodded to Scott, he gestured the two of us to come over. Scott wrapped one arm around my back, and the other around Stiles and it went on from their. I felt the tears finally falling, Scott stained my shoulder along with Stiles. The three of us pulled away, slowly wiping our tears.

"I want you to kick this test's ass." I smiled trying to lighten up the mood, but I wasn't I could tell by the fake laughs coming from Scott and Stiles. "Good luck buddy." Scott smiled and walked out of the room, I smiled at Stiles diving into his arms for another hug.

Stiles hugged back, combing my hair gently. "I'll be fine. Alright? I'm still here. I'll always be here." I pulled back giving him a small smile as tears ran down my cheek.

I left the room, looking up at Melissa once the door sealed shut behind us.

"Scott?" I turned around, Derek was standing behind us. His eyes darting to Stiles every know and then, concern filling them. "I need to talk to you." Scott glanced at me but left.

I focused on Stiles, his facial expression changing to fear. "Nogitsune?.." I heard Scott say. "You think Stiles is the Nogitsune?" I sighed opening the door and glaring at the two. "Kelly, you need to understand it's just a theory." Scott tried to reason as soon as he saw my face, but the anger was just stacking higher and higher.

"That isn't a fucking theory Scott! It's just a shit sandwich without the bread!" I gritted my teeth ready to say more. But the look of guilt, exhaustion, concern, fear and worry all mixed on Scott's face made me relax.

I opened my mouth to argue but stopped by an eery greenish glow the filled the hall. I furrowed my brows, I shrugged off the nervousness and followed the running nurses who seemed to not give a shit bout anything but the power. "We're not really scared of your little butterflies." I heard the taunting voice of Stiles say and just by the tone in his voice I knew he was smirking.

I peeked around the corner till my eyes landed on Sties who was fully dressed and looked about ready to kick ass. Stiles averted his gaze to me, I quickly hid behind the corner pressing my back against the wall.

Derek was right. Stiles was possessed. "Oh shit." I covered my mouth, backing away from the intense eye contest between the elderly lady and Stiles.

The lights flickered again and like that Stiles was gone. I shook my head, running to find Scott. A strong force shoved me backwards, I felt my head slam against something hard. The person crouched down in front of me, her face visible.

"My apologies." It was the lady who was threatening Stiles. Dots appeared in my vision, but I just gladly shook it off. I reached out and smiled when I felt my foot collide with her cheek.

"And that my friend. Is for serving me a shit sandwich, without bread and pissing sauce." Was the last thing I said to her, before I shakily stood up and ran off to find Stiles. There was a familiar smell of Doritos and chicken wings and I soon realized that they belonged to Roscoe.

I moved my feet and ran through the halls. I pushed open the doors to the parking lot and found Stiles pulling out of the drive way. "Isaac." Scott screamed, I averted my gaze from Stiles car and ran towards a unconscious Isaac.

***

I blinked a few times hoping that I wasn't being drilled with questions by a bunch of officers. "Where did he go?" The first one with a moustache asked. I sighed deeply rubbing my eyelids. "Listen sir, I've told you already. I didn't follow the car. Why you may be asking? I don't know." I leaned on the table basically glaring at the men.

"Kelly, please were trying to help you find your friend." I rolled my eyes chuckling. "Bullshit! I already told you I don't know where he went." Sighing the officer let me go. He bent down and took the handcuffs off. I rubbed my sore wrist pushing the door open with my leg. "You okay?" Scott asked slowly approaching me while nervously rubbing the back of his neck.

"Fine." I smiled.