Chapter Thirteen: "Insouciance"

"So you're the one who created the Nogitsune?" I asked Noshiko I already felt my blood boiling by the minute. "Yes, unfortunately." Noshiko said, bowing her head with her eyes closed.

I growled loud enough for her to hear, I stepped forward basically wolfing out. All the less, Noshiko didn't flinch. "Kelly." Scott said grabbing my forearm, suddenly all the anger I felt drained from my body.

She's an idiot for summoning a creaking dark kitsune. "Give me your hand." Noshiko turned to Kira. Kira looked confused for a moment then shook her head. "Do you trust me?" She asked.

"I just found out your 900 years old. I don't think I can trust you ever again." Noshiko ignores Kira grabs her hand and holds it above the shattered katana. The katana broke out in a beam of light within minutes it was fixed and pulled together. "What just happened?" Kira asked, confused. "You're a thunder kitsune." Noshiko stated.

"Thunder cat, thunder cat t-" Scott gave me disapproved look. "What? I thought it was funny!" I whispered yelled to him, placing my hands on my hip. "To save Stiles you must kill him." I knitted my eyebrows already feeling my inhuman teeth poking my bottom lip. "We aren't killing Stiles. You didn't stop to think of any other way to save Reece." I growled lowly.

"We don't have much time." I said, nodding to Kira. Scott's phone buzzed signalling that he had a text message. His eyes scanned the message. "Chris, Allison, Derek and Sheriff are at the loft with Stiles." Scott said, shoving his phone in his pocket. "It's best if Kira stays here. She's new to this, and I don't want her getting hurt." I lied, I was jealous.

Scott stared at me, hesitant for a moment before agreeing.

***

I yanked open the sliding door that belonged to the loft. We were greeted by a gun and a cross row to the face. Allison and an older man sighed lowering their weapons. "Derek?" Scott muttered running over to Derek who was laying on the ground.

Sheriff left the loft without a word, Allison leaned into the older mans as they both left together. Scott turned time after checking on Derek and nodded to the loft door. "Let me bring you home." He asked. I bit my lip but nodded. Once we were out of the building and in the cold wind we both grabbed our helmets and climbed on the bike.

Scott dropped me off at my door, his helmet hair was already sticking to his face. "Stay the night. Don't argue with me, I'll win." Scott chuckled and stepped inside the house behind me and slipped off his shoes along with his socks. I was surprised when Scott took my hand and dragged me up the stairs and to my room.

I crawled into the bed and got comfortable. Scott awkwardly stood there shuffling side to side. "Get in!" I giggled, he cracked a small smile and slid his jacket off and laid down beside me. "That wasn't so hard was it?" I teased sticking my tongue out. Scott rolled his eyes and turned his back to me.

***

I sat up from my bed and turned over glancing at Scott. His arm was loosely wrapped around my waist and his lips were parted. I checked the alarm clock, 6:30am.

I don't know what it was, but I couldn't control myself. I climbed out of bed and made my way down the stairs. I walked past my shoes and opened the door and shut it behind me. I hopped into Scott's bike not bothering to slide on the helmet. There was only one thing on my mind at the moment, Kill.

Whoever got in my way. I stopped at my destination, the Tate house. I didn't even care that I was making noise, I pulled the door open and marched up the stairs catching the familiar scent of a werecoyote. I kicked down her door causing her to wake up immediately.