Chapter fifteen: Come back

I sighed as I watched Stiles and Melissa in Scott's room. I made my way down the stairs and was greeted Scott. "Are you ok?" I bit my bottom lip and glanced at Scott.

He hesitated but shook his head no. "I'm scared." He mumbled. I did the only thing I could've done, I pulled Scott close to me and wrapped my arms around his neck. He sighed a stressed filled sigh and wrapped his arms around my waist.

We were like that for a while till Scott pulled away. But during the process he stopped pulling back. Our noses were close but they didnt touch. It felt like it took hours for me to memorize the shade of his eyes. I swear he was slowly leaning in. Not that I wasn't either.

Our lips almost touched. Fucking almost!

"Is he ready?" Noshiko interrupted our moment. We both untangled ourselves from each other, I coughed into my hand. "Yeah, he's ready." I heard the familiar voice, I turned around a frowned at the sight in front of me. Stiles looked like he was dying.

Noshiko didn't say anything, neither did Stiles when he approached her. Suddenly two Oni's appeared out of nowhere. One of them held a sword, for protection I guess, while the other one got busy and placed its hand behind Stiles ear. The Oni tilted it's head as its eyes shone green.

Stiles fell to the floor after the Oni released him. Scott and I rushed over to Stiles side, not really giving a shit if the Oni's disappeared. I checked behind his ear, I sighed in relief at the sight of the backwards five. "He must be more of himself than the Nogitsune." Noshiko mumbled.

"Can the Oni find him?" I asked worriedly as I stood up and fiddled with my fingers. Noshiko looked over her shoulder and stared out the window. "We'll have to wait till tomorrow night, it's too close to dawn." She replied glancing over her shoulder.

"Could you check on my mom?" Scott asked, turning to me with a concerned face. I knew nothing bad was happening to Melissa, but by the look on his face I could tell he stressed and worried about everyone.

I gave him a weak smile and exited the living room. I jogged up the creaky stairs and made my way to Scott's room, stoping every once in a while to look at the family photos on the walls. "You know he use to like you right?" I slightly jumped at the voice, Melissa had her arms crossed over her chest and was leaning against Scott's door.

"Yeah, I use to like him too." I chuckled. "Used too." Melissa laughed and rolled her eyes playfully. "You can't lie to a mom." Melissa said walking over to me, a smile soon started to stretch across her face. "I can't really say much. But follow your heart." Melissa smiled sweetly at me.

My heart says to save Stiles.

We both walked down the stairs, I trailed behind her a little more slowly. Rethinking what she just told me. Scott grabbed my forearm softly, but jumped back slightly. "Stiles is awake and we might know where Lydia is." Scott rambled on scratching the back of his neck. "I'll get Allison." I didn't want to be around Scott after our almost kiss.

Since he clearly didn't want to be around me. "Be careful. Alright?" I smiled, a genuine smile. Scott returned that smile and nodded.

***

"So this is the place?" Allison asked, raising an eyebrow. I hummed in response as I watched her pull up in her car. Scott, Isaac and Stiles were already there. "This is it, this is where it all ends." I was the first to break the ice, Scott nodded and glance at Stiles. "I'm here to save my best friend." Scott said.

"And we're here to save ours." Allison responded and reached out and took a hold of my hand. "I just didn't feel like doing any homework." Isaac bluntly replied. I rolled my eyes at him. "Not like you would've done that anyways." I sarcastically smiled at him. He scoffed as Scott opened the old rusty gate.