I Meet Annabeth

'Hey Nico,' said the blonde girl, walking over to us. 'Hey Annabeth,' replied Nico. 'Who's your friend?' asked Annabeth. 'This is Julie,' said Nico, 'Julie this is Annabeth.' 'Hi' said Annabeth. 'Hey,' I said, 'I would hate to be those guys.'  'Oh, that's just training,' she assured me, then she yelled over her shoulder, 'Malcolm! You and David get to the infirmary. See Will so he can patch you guys up!' 'Okay,' said the boy that must've been Malcolm. Annabeth turned back to me and glanced at the lipstick strapped to my leg. 'Oh,' I said pulling the lipstick from my leg. I uncapped it, twisted the bottom and then I was holding my axe. 'Wow,' said Annabeth, 'We've actually never had someone at camp with an axe before.' 'Is that a problem?' I asked. 'Not at all', Annabeth assured me, 'That means we can teach you some extra- cool tricks with that thing.' 'Nice.' 'Let's get you into a group. Go on ahead with your group Nico.' 'Fine.' said Nico. Then he realized that he was still holding my hand. I felt my highlight turn pink. He blushed, let go, and jogged away, donning his helmet.

    'Okay,' said Annabeth, 'What's up with your eyes and that highlight in your hair changes color.'  'It's linked to my emotion.' I said offended. Annabeth must've sensed my discomfort because her expression softened. 'I'm sorry, I'm a daughter of Athena and I just love to know. Ya know?' she said. 'It's ok,' I said, 'I'm gonna have to get used to looking at this girl in the mirror now.' 'I think you look nice.' 'Thanks,' I said. Then Annabeth crossed her arms and studied me. 'What is it?' I asked. 'You like him.' she blurted out. 'Who?' I asked. My highlight turned orange. She looked at me like Don't play dumb then she said, 'You like Nico!' she said. 'Whatever.' I murmured, donning my helmet, 'Aren't you supposed to be getting me into a group?' 'Okay, let's go.' she said. 

    Annabeth actually had Percy train me, which he seemed pretty happy to do. He taught me how to trap someone's blade in the blades of my axe and twist it out of their hands. He also taught me a move that would bring a battle to a stalemate. I even learned some axe throwing techniques. By the time I was done, it was 6:00 p.m and the sun was dipping towards the horizon. I was training for 6 hours?! Wow! According to Percy, we had an hour of free time before dinner, then capture the flag. 

   Naturally, I went to find Nico. He was in his cabin. I knocked on the door and he answered squinting down at me like the light bothered him. Then his gaze became focused and he smiled, 'Oh, hey Julie.' 'Sure took long for you to focus on my face.' I noted. 'Yeah, my cabin's pretty dark.' he said, stepping aside and letting me see inside. He was wearing his outfit from this morning, but he'd shed his jacket. I found his bare arms kinda hot; they were taught with muscles, just like Percy's. Everything was pure black. The only thing I could really focus on was the beds, which resembled coffins. 'Sooo, you wanna go do something?' I asked, pointing my thumb behind me. 'Sure.' he said, grabbing his jacket. 'What do you wanna do?', he asked putting on his jacket. 'We could go down to the beach again.' I said in a flirtatious sing- song voice. 'Ok.' he said smiling. He offered me his arm and I looped mine through it. Together, we walked right into my first battle.