I Fall Asleep On A Roof

We all walked back to our cabins. I took a hot shower and went to bed. Percy was snoring in to time, but I couldn't even shut my eyes. I was too busy thinking about Nico. His dark shaggy hair, his chocolate brown eyes and his ripped arms. Then I heard something like someone knocking on my window. I walked over to the window and opened and Nico was standing outside grinning like a madman. 'What are you doing here?!' I whisper shouted, 'It's way past curfew!' I felt my highlight turning purple and yellow as if I couldn't decide how I felt. 'I had to see you again.' he whispered. I tried to stay on my feet, because in my head I was swooning like crazy. 'You wanna see something cool?' he asked. 'Of course,' I answered. Then I looked down at me pajamas. I was in a purple undershirt with skinny straps and purple pajama pants. 'Just let me change first' I put on my jeans from today and wrote a note to Percy in case I didn't come back until morning, but of course I lied.

Already at breakfast, didn't wanna wake you up!

Love, Julie :-)

After that, I climbed out the window with Nico's help. He took my hand and took me to his cabin. We went inside and he opened a door like an attic door. He gave me a leg up and I climbed out onto a flat ledge on the roof. Nico, climbed up after me and we sat down. I looked up and saw the stars looking like diamonds in the sky (like my reference?). 'Wow,' I marveled. I'd never seen anything so beautiful. I put my head on Nico's chest and he put his arm around me. I just laid there listening to his heartbeat and I decided to try something. I felt my own heart and... no way. Our heartbeats matched! 'Nico! Our heartbeats match!' I blurted out. 'Really?' I asked. 'Look!' he put a hand on his heart and I took his other hand and put it on my own beating heart. 'Wow,' he said smiling. He took his hand away. His face was inches away from mine. And then, as if we were reading each other's minds, we moving closer and closer until we were kissing. It was my first kiss and it was definitely worth the wait. We pulled away smiling at each other. My highlight turned sunshine yellow. 'Will you be my girlfriend?' asked Nico. 'Of course silly!' answered.

For the rest of the night we just sat there cuddling. My head on his chest and listening to the sound of his heartbeat. Soon it became lulling; my eyelids got heavy and I fell asleep. But I had a dream that really helped me find out who I am.

In my dream, I was in the throne room of Olympus. All the gods and goddesses were crowded around Poseidon looking at a baby girl he was holding. I don't know how I knew; I just did. Then I realized, That's me. All the gods said something over baby me and I finally understood, I got blessings from all the gods when I was born. Zeus' power over wind, Hades power over the dead, Athena's wisdom, Aphrodite's charmspeak, Hepheastus' craftsmanship, Apollo's musical talent, Artemis' accuracy with arrows, Demeter's love of the land, Dionysus' love of grapes, Hera's faithfulness, Hermes' cleverness and stealth and of course, Poseidon's power over the sea. 'Thank you all,' said Poseidon to the others, 'All of these blessings shall be realized when she arrives at Camp Half- Blood. Now I must got her back to her mother before she wakes up.' With that the dream dissolved and I woke up with a gasp.

I realized I was still with Nico on the roof of the Hades cabin and the sun was just rising. 'Nico! Nico!', I whispered trying to wake him up. When the light sleeper method didn't work, I shook him from side to side by his waist as hard as I could and thank goodness he woke up after that. He sat up rubbing the sleep out of his eyes. 'Nico. we were up here all night!' I whispered in alarm. He eyes got wide as quarters and he covered his mouth with his fist, 'Oh, man. If Percy found out-' I cut him off 'He won't.'