Chapter 9

As I walked out of the small plane with Harlee behind me I knew that my cousin was probably going to be mad when she realized what I was about to do, but I didn't care. I walked straight over to Les and kissed him. I wanted both Jake and Har to know that this was my boyfriend and I was totally comfortable with him. It was sort of my way of letting Har know that it was okay. She's beautiful, don't get me wrong on that but she is rather shy sometimes meeting new people because of what she went through with her ex when they were together. He cut her face open pretty badly once when they got into a fight because she was going to leave him. Most of her scars are faded and not noticable but she still sees them there sometimes how they were before, big and ugly.

"Hun, this is one of my most favoritist guys in the entire world my cousin Jakey." smiling I looked between the two. "Jakey this is my boyfriend Les." The two men exchanged looks before shaking hands. I was of course grinning at the height difference. Les sometimes made fun of me being short, well next to Jake he looked rather small himself. Most people look small next to Jake though. He's almost a giant, LOL.

Next I introduced Les to my other favorite person, my cousin Harlee. I could tell that he most definately saw her beauty right away, not noticing the tiny scars. Har surprised me when she asked him how Xander was doing, then in the next heartbeat she turned to look right at me. "If this is your ploy to try getting me to make up with Xander..." My smile suddenly turned to a frown. 

I took a deep breath then eyed my cousin and said, "Well if you must know, yes I think you should get back together with him. You deserve happiness Har, not this miserable life you've been dealing with. If you are worried about Shaun, don't because I got that moron's number and he won't be bothering you anymore. Please at least meet Xander and get to know him before you make this cruel decision to break his heart completely. He told me after you broke up with him that he would wait for you, at least give him a chance. He really does love you. I know how much you love him, you can't deny it from me either because I see it in your eyes when his name's mentioned. I never saw that look when anyone talked about Shaun. There is something special between you and Xander if you will only open up and give it a chance to grow instead of beating it down and breaking it apart. Please Har? For me, for Xander and especially for you give him a chance."

I waited with baited anticipation until she finally nodded her head. "Okay kiddo I will go meet him and let him decide from there is he still wants me. But I won't hold him to anything, if he sees me and decides for himself that I'm not the one for him then I will turn around and leave today with Jake. If by chance Xander still wants me I can stay for a couple of days and spend time with him." I wanted so much to jump up and down right then. I turned to Les, "Does he have work tonight or will he be home do you think?"

Les was trying to hide a big ass smile. "He's not working tonight." Before I could say go to the house he interupted me. "But, he's not at home either." I then began racking my brain about where he could possibly be. It was finally Les who spilled it. "Well hun, do you remember that the guys wanted to throw you a party and I talked them into taking you to the track instead?" I nodded. "They decided you still needed a party. That's also why Pie asked you to help her pick out a dress, she wanted to look nice for your party." My mouth dropped open in shock. I couldn't believe it! Those sneaks! But then this would be perfect, because not only could Xander meet Har, everyone else could too.

The four of us piled into Les' car and he drove us to where the party was being held, OMG! at his restaurant!!! I couldn't believe it. He really had been sneaky. I would have to get him back for this one, big time. But right now I had a party inside waiting for me and they were going to get a surprise of their own.

We walked inside and all the guys were there along with Xander's family and a few people I didn't even know. Xander was the first one to spy Har behind us with Jake. Before I could make the introductions, "Everyone, these are my cousins Jake and.." I was cut off by Xander. "Maddie!" The next thing I know he's wrapping his arms around her in a hug. Leave it to Xander to figure out who she was without me having to say anything. I then saw the smile on Har's face and knew that I had done the right thing.