f o u r t y - t w o

i actually got some sleep yesterday night. i didn't need to pass out to rest.
i got up early next morning, picking out some clothes. just some shorts and a simply v-neck. i put on a blue coral bathing suit. "matthew i still don't understnad why we can't stay in the hotel or something" i groaned as he basically dragged me outside.
"you need light, you look like a vampire. no offense" he laughed. i smiled and chuckled. "shut up"

"you didn't invite other people did you?" i asked as he scoffed "no what the hell, you said you just got out a relationship so why would i put you through the pressure of meeting new people" he laughed still dragging me by the arm. "you did when i met you" i laughed "well you needed to meet me. who doesn't?" he said as we stopped outside.

"you're so conceited its hilarious" i said rolling my eyes. "just get in the car" he said unlocking the doors to a mercedes truck. "this is a nice car, i've always wanted one" i said getting in. "its my dad's, he sorta owns the place. i'm visiting him for a while" he shrugged. "why not get a luxury suite then? you got the money" i laughed "because i don't want people to treat me different. its happened in the past" he said pulling out the parking lot.

the car ride was quiet, soothing though.

"the other day" i paused
"you said i reminded you of someone you once knew, who was she?" i asked him.
he breathed in deeply before responding. "she was my girlfriend, my bestfriend, and so much more. i was in the same situation you're in. one of her crazy ex bestfriends wanted to get back at her for something she did. i got drunk she took advantage of me. simple as that. i tried to explain to her how sorry i was but actions speak louder than words. but i waited to long to do something, by the time i went to show her my love for her she got in a car crash coming home from work late. she swerved off the road and into a tree, her seat belt wasn't off and she flew out" he said his eyes glued to the road.
"i never got to say goodbye or to really show her i was sorry. i regret not doing it sooner" he explained.

"you just reminded me so much of her. her name was raelani though. she was about your height and your personalities are so similar and i just seen her in you" he kept going.

"i'm sorry to hear that, have you moved on?" i asked and he shook his head.

"i tried, no one really gave me the same feeling she brought to me. the same joy, she filled my heart with memories and experiences i'll never forget. so i don't know if anyone can replace them" he vented. "truth is matthew, they don't have to replace them, just add to them remind you of old times and good memories" i explained.

"take your own advice" he suggested "i can't, i really love jack. with all my heart and i know he loves me too i just have to remind him to let him see for himself" i said.

"keep your hope, it sounds like guys like jack sre hard to find" he chuckled

"very" i laughed.

you know for once, in all these months and hours of heart ache and pain. i feel real joy.
i feel real happiness. matthew some how brought warmth back to my heart.

my soul no longer cold and black. sure it was still damaged and bruised but he was slowly healing it.
"come one, we're here" he said. i got out and followed him down to the sandy beach.
"please don't tell me you're gonna just sit here and tan" he asked "no trust me, i'm a fun type of girl" i said taking my shorts off. i removed my shirt and waited for matthew.

he took his shirt off and we started to walk towards the water. "i'll race you" he said.
"no i don't wan-" i started running before i finished my sentence.

"cheater!" he yelled running after me.

i got to the water before him laughing.

today might actually be a good day for once.

+
"aye lets go eeeeaaatt"   he trailed getting out the water.

"where?"

"there's a seafood restaurant up the shore" he said.

"woah yeesh" he paused and pointed at someones shoes.
"what are thoooooose!" he added loudly.

"matthew!" i said hitting his shoulder lighty.

  "stop" i laughed. "those shits are ancient" he said louder.
"he's looking at us matthew stop" i laughed.

"you got something to say?" the guy asked angrily.

"no sir" i said barely holding my laughter.

he rolled his and continued walking with his wife.
"would you stop" i laughed as he shrugged.
"oh come on you didn't know what those were either" he said as i chuckled.

"he would've kicked your ass" i laughed again "and i would've kicked his nuts" he said simply.

"what?" i laughed.

"he was clearly a million feet bigger than me. i had no chance but to go for the jewels" he laughed.

"whatever" i rolled my eyes playfully.

he's sorta like a brother i never had.

------
really quick ok so i have rlly bad insecurity problems when it comes to my body and my family is so insensitive about it and my mom act likes i need the perfect hour glass shape and she pisses me off so much. like its gotten to the point where i would buy corsets and waist trainers behind her back (body shapers) and i would wear the, 24/7 and it would hurt because i would wear them as tight as i could. and she continues to talk about me. thats honestly why i like writing and being on here with you guys bc you are all so sweet and nice and its really easy being myself here love you guys soo much. i mean it. <3