f o u r t y - e i g h t

6 years later

i roamed the now familiar streets of new york, yeah it was a big step but it is what i needed to finally feel happy and i am. no, i am not in a relationship but i am currently looking for someone, i learned to move on and i learned to get over it. i can't say i never thought about him though, i thought about him all the time. took some time, but now his name never really crosses my mind. i live in a nice apartment on the better side of new york, yeah i have to work my ass off to keep it but i don't mind. its also part of the reason why i am single. i have seen matthew recently, he actually came out to visit me. as of now i am leaving work late.

i usually just spend my days, making it the best i could. living the best i can. i walked into the house sighing, and setting my things down. ok what i said up there is a lie, all i do is watch tv and eat. i need to get out more, i haven't really done anything spectacular or upbringing. yeah i am over jack and forgive myself but shit its boring being alone. so why not go out alone, i guess that is just what i am gonna do. i got dressed putting on a simple cocktail dress, doing my eyeliner and mascara. i went to my car deciding to head up to a small club near by. i got in and sat down at the bar. "hey can i get a long island iced tea" i asked he replied with a sure and winked before turning around making the drink. i sat there just thinking and wondering what tomorrow will bring for me.

"alright everybody settle down" someone yelled into the microphone. i didn't pay attention and just stared at my drink. "excuse me, can i get a blended martini?" a girl said i looked up at her. she looked so familiar, her hair, her face was so familiar. i couldn't tell, then she smiled. i can't figure out where i seen her. "thank you" she said to the bar tender as he gave her the wink he gave me.

she started to walk away when i took my attention off her and listened to the man on the mic.

"now to introduce our engaged couple" he trailed "jack and madison" he cheered. my head shot up toward the stage, and jack walked out smiling and laughing as the spot light was pointed at madison. it all started coming back, that was the girl in his house six years ago. i looked around and noticed this wasn't a club it was an engagement party. i seen molly, i seen laura, his mom. oh my god. i stood up quickly trying to get out knocking the drink off the counter accidently when i snatched my purse. "shit" i said under my breath trying to run out. "remy?" i heard the familiar male voice call out. i kept going, "excuse me" i said loudly finally getting out. "wait!" i heard behind me. the valet couldn't get my car fast enough because he caught up.

"remy" he breathed, i still didn't look at him. i couldn't. i was froze.

"hey" he said pulling on my shoulder turning me around.  i looked at him shocked.

"i-i-i didn't mean to int-trude  i didn't know" i stuttered, anxiety took over me.

"its okay" he smiled, "i just wanted to say hello" he said. he has changed so much. his hair was no longer light brownish blonde, it was his usual color. he looked more mature and wonderful actually and i probably look like shit. "you look good, its nice to see you" he said. "you too" i replied looking down at my feet. "you should come to my wedding" he offered. "oh no i couldn't b-bother you guys" i said blushing looking away from him. "no really i want you to" he smiled again. soon madison came out and linked her arm with his.

  "babe who is this?" she asked politely. i couldn't even try to hate her, she was gorgeous and nice.

  "this is remy an old friend of mine" he said. you mean old girlfriend i wanted to say.

 "nice to meet you i'm madison" she said reaching her hand out to me. i shook it and smiled.

 "congratulations" i forced a smile on my face

"thank you" she smiled, looking at jack and he looked at her.

part of me hurt. he looked at her like he loved her so much, like she meant the world to him.

like he used to look at me.

"i was just inviting her to our wedding" he informed her.

 "oh sweet, you should come to the bachelorette party too, oh and the bridal shower" she offered

 "oh no i could-"

 "i insist" she smiled. i mentally sighed giving in.

"sure when and where?" i smiled

"tomorrow at the Hilton hotel 2 o'clock sharp" she replied

"okay see you then" i said as she walked away

"it was really good seeing you" jack said

   "you too" i forced myself to smile once more.

he waved before leaving

how am i gonna sit in a room full of his and her family and his family knows what happened between us, what if they think i am trying to sabotage their wedding oh god.

but most of all, how am i gonna watch him walk down the isle with someone else?

i don't know if i can take watching him, swear to give himself to madison for the rest of his life.

i don't know if i am ready to endure it.

i loved him since we were 18 and i don't know how things are gonna go, but i can try to be happy for him. for his sake, i did say i wanted him to be happy and they are, so why am i complaining?

because i am a selfish bitch who can't let him go.

-----

be warned there are only two more chapters ;0