Interrupting

"A kiss is a lovely trick designed by nature to stop speech when words become superfluous." - Ingrid Bergman

The sound of laughter fills the air as Riley and Lucas continue to goof off in the Matthews house. They were both told to babysit Ava and Auggie while Cory and Topanga went off on a date, but being more preoccupied with one another sounded like a better idea.

Arms slip around Riley's waist, and a chin places itself in the crook of her neck. A small smile forms on Riley's lips, recognizing the repetitive; but loving gesture.

"How much longer do we have to watch them?" Lucas whispers into her ear quietly, hoping Auggie and Ava won't hear them as they continue to watch Mr. Googly in the living room.

It's already been three hours since Cory and Topanga had left the house, leaving Riley and Lucas in charge with no word on when they would be back or where they had even gone.

Riley shakes her head with a giggle, pulling Lucas with her over to the fridge. "It might be another two hours, knowing my parents."

A groan escapes Lucas, unwinding his arms from around Riley, as she opens the fridge. Lucas' hand appears in front of her, stealing the clementine that she was preparing to grab, causing an annoyed sigh to come from her.

"Again? Come on you did this to me last time." She complained, playfully hitting his shoulder.

It was a game Lucas liked to play with her, it was more just teasing then a game. Every week on Friday night, Lucas would find himself stealing the last clementine from her, just to get a reaction. Of course, Riley always tried to hide it from him instead of having it sit in their fruit bowl, a new spot every week. This week, it was the fridge. Stealing the clementine from Riley wasn't anything drastic, but he loved every little thing she did because of it. The creases between her eyebrows when she brought them together; just out of annoyance, the way she hit his shoulder, even the way she tried to hide back a smile, but always ended up failing miserably every time she looked into his eyes.

"Well what can I say?" He torments back, throwing her a wink. "They're delicious."

Auggie turns around in the couch, bringing his attention to them. "Lucas?"

"What's up bud?"

"You like Riley, right?"

Lucas laced his eyebrows together, being thrown back by the question. Auggie always asked him a new question every time he was over, but he had never once asked him a question about Riley, at least until now.

"Yeah." He takes a glance at Riley, who still continued to dig through the refrigerator looking for another clementine that she supposedly hid. A smile crept onto his face as he continued to watch her. "I do."

Silence fills the room, as Auggie plays with a piece of his hair, his eyes squinted and his cheeks puffed out as he continues to think.

"How much do you like her?"

Riley lightly shuts the door after failing at finding the other clementine she hid, but when her eyes meet Lucas' an idea pops into her head. A small smile slides its way onto her lips as she turns the corner into the hall; leading to her room.

Lucas continues to watch Riley, as she whisks through the doorway, and sweet humming sweeps into the hall. Lucas bites the bottom of his lip, knowing she wants him to follow, but before he can move, Auggie coughs, indicating that he had not answered his question.