Two Times The Fun

"Lucas, I can walk around without you having to guide me everywhere." Riley said with a laugh as her hand held the armrest of the couch steadily as she pushed herself up, her other hand resting gently on her still growing stomach. Lucas rolled his eyes, his arms still outstretched in front of him as he awaited for his wife to finally stand.

"It doesn't kill for me to be cautious, Riley."

The day Riley had found out she was pregnant, was the day Maya had forced Riley into taking a pregnancy test. She had always suspected that Riley was pregnant just by how she was acting, but Riley had never thought of it. After many arguments on whether or not she should take it, Maya had won and proudly handed Riley the pregnancy test that they had bought hours after Maya had won the argument. Five minutes, turned into ten before Riley had finally come out of the bathroom with her eyes as wide as saucers, automatically making contact with Maya's.

"Well?" Maya asked, her bright blue eyes sparkling with excitement as she looked up at Riley.

Riley looked back down at the test in her hand, the smile she had before now doubled in size, almost taking up half of her face. Once more, she looked back up at her best friend, and said the words Maya was expecting.

"I'm pregnant."

The corner of Riley's lips tilted up at the memory. As she placed a hand on her husband's arm, her eyes darted to the calendar that hung on the wall behind them. A bright red circle was drawn around today's date, and bright red letters were written in the tiny box.

March, 17th. First Ultrasound @ 5:30

Lucas followed Riley's gaze, and soon enough, the same wide smile snuck its way onto him. Turning his head back to her, he cupped his hand on the side of her cheek and tilted her head up to meet his eyes.

"Excited?" He asked. The smile that lingered on his lips was contagious, and even though Riley didn't think it was even possible; her smile grew even more.

"Very." She spoke. They held each other's gaze for a few seconds more before Lucas gently pressed his lips to Riley's, causing her to melt at his touch the same way she did when they were just dating.

When they pulled apart, Lucas rested his forehead on hers and bit the bottom of his lip. The gesture he would always do when he was thinking about something.

Riley frowned at the sudden change in expression. "What are you thinking about?" She asked, furrowing her eyebrows as she placed a hand to his cheek.

Lucas' forest like eyes quickly looked into hers. He removed his forehead from Riley's and stood up straighter, allowing the smile to fall onto his face again.

"Just thinking about how excited I am to be a Dad." He answered proudly before turning on his heels and walking to the closet that held all of their coats. Riley walked to the door and slid on her pair of purple rain boots that rested off to the side. Surprisingly, she did it with ease. Lucas held the jacket up to Riley's back, his coat already on. Gingerly, she slid her arms into the sleeves and stuffed her hands into the pockets.

"Let's go." Lucas said as he leaned down into the closet and tugged out a large black umbrella. He opened the front door, allowing very light specks of rain and gusts of wind to hit their cheeks. He stepped out onto the front porch, opened the umbrella, and held out his other hand for Riley, preparing to lead her out to the car. She smiled at the gesture and gratefully laced her fingers with his, linking together like puzzle pieces. With bright smiles, the two got into the car, and drove their way to the hospital.