Say Goodbye

heYY LONG TIME NO UPDATE LOL. Sorry it's been so long since I've updated. I've been lacking a lot of inspiration. Now, I did have a specific character used for a certain role in Lucas' family, but in this I decided to change it. Just a heads up so you all aren't confused. I HOPE YOU ALL ENJOY

The stars that used to appear in the sky every night seemed to have all disappeared due to the thick blankets of dark menacing clouds that were strewn across the deep violet sky. The only source of light was the faded moon that glowed through the curtains of the Bay Window. A pair of hands were holding tightly together as the couple sat in silence, dwelling on everything that had happened earlier. They both casted each other long heartfelt stares when the other wasn't looking, hoping that maybe they would speak up. But eventually, the stares came to an end when the sound of yelling came from outside the room that they sat in. Both cringing as they recognized the voices.

"I can't believe this is happening.." Riley mumbled, squeezing Lucas' hand for extra comfort. Gingerly, he moved his thumb along her knuckles as he observed her. All color had drained from her face, and the brightness in her eyes were now gone. The usual smile that always seemed to grace upon her lips was now non existent. He couldn't tell if it was just the light of the moon that was causing an illusion, but he never in his life wanted to see her look like this again.

"They would've met eventually." Lucas spoke, pursing his lips together as he continued to stare.

Soon enough, Riley had found the ability to finally meet the pleading stares of Lucas'. A similarity rested in their eyes, a glossy sheen ran across them from all of the emotions that had eventually broken out from within. Lucas forced a smile, trying to lighten the mood a tad, but it was almost impossible to keep it plastered there.

The corners of his broken smile had turned downward, his eyes widening ever so slightly as drops of water attempted to escape. "Why did it have to happen this way? Why did my Mom-" His voice cracked at the last couple of words that slipped off his tongue, practically causing him to stop mid-sentence. Quick memories of what Riley had told him earlier easily flooded all thoughts of everything being okay.

Riley shook her head, not wanting him to continue. "It's okay." She whispered, lifting a hand and placing it gently to the side of his face, keeping her eyes on his own. "We're going to be okay."

Silence filled the air once more, the only sounds being the repetitive yelling from the other room. More and more, the yelling exceeded; growing louder by the minute.

"Will we?" Lucas asked, his voice barely audible as he continue to gape at Riley with wide-set eyes that were even glossier than before.

But all Riley could do was shake her head and give him a small shrug. There was nothing they could say or do at that moment. They were in no state of mind to think of a plan.

"I still can't believe my own Father, who is our Teacher, has never met your Mother."

"Well she isn't one who enjoys going to the conferences, it's more of my Dad's thing so it shouldn't be too surprising."

The couple sat in their usual seats at Topanga's, a minuscule proximity between the two as their thighs constantly touched the other. Lucas couldn't help but slightly chuckle when he looked down at his hand resting in Riley's lap, his fingers being continuously played with by hers. Riley's head rested gently on his shoulder, pleasing Lucas' senses with the scent of her cherry blossom shampoo; every time his nose nuzzled the top of her head.