Always

"Cherish the fabulous, the fantastic, the beautiful, the graceful, the moments of abandon, laughter, quirkiness. Cherish the tiny incredible details, the gigantic & varied display, and the infinite depths - of life." - Jay Woodman

•••

"Riley, he's here!" Cory shouts from the front door, as an excited Lucas steps through.

"Now Lucas," Cory says quietly, shutting the door lightly behind him. "Are you sure you want to take her?"

Lucas furrows his eyebrows as his hands slide into his pockets, his fingers playing with the Knicks tickets that rest in the bottom of his right pocket. "Why wouldn't I want to take her?"

Cory laughs as he walks towards Lucas, shaking his head. "Let's just say, hopefully the Knicks will win, or you're gonna have a lot on your hands. You've experienced nothing until you make it home alive with her after a Knicks game."

"Well, you're still here." Lucas points out with a slight smile.

But Cory just laughs once more, scratching the back of his neck. "Well that's only because I've been lucky. The games that I have taken her to, the Knicks have won."

Lucas raises his eyebrows, and folds his arms across his chest as he studies Cory. "Well what happens if they lose?"

"THEY WILL NOT LOSE!" A shout comes from the hall, scaring the living day lights out of Lucas and Cory.

Riley makes her way into the living room, wearing her favorite Knicks jersey, a pair of jean shorts, and her long hair is thrown up into a ponytail.

"This is a home game, they can't lose tonight, and if they do..." Riley just shakes her head, gifting Lucas a glare. Nervously, Lucas begins to rub his hands up and down on the side of his jeans, praying to God that the Knicks don't lose tonight, because if they do, he's really in for a ride.

Cory laughs at the site of Lucas' nervous expression as Riley waltzes her way over to Lucas' side, wrapping her arms around his torso.

"So.." Riley says, lightly tugging on the side of his shirt to get his attention. Her eyes; carrying all of her excitement that existed in her entire body. "You ready to go?"

Lucas looked down at her, smiling at the way her eyes began to light up, and how huge her own smile was. He always loved to see her happy, and he would do anything to keep her that way, even if it meant possibly getting his ears murdered if the Knicks were to lose the game.

He threw an arm around Riley's waist, pulling her into the warmth of his arms as he placed a firm kiss on her temple for a few seconds. Out of the corner of his eyes, Lucas saw Cory smile at the site as he watched his daughter be loved by not only just her Father and Mother, but by another who cared about her; just as much.

Lucas pulls away, giving Cory a warm smile, and is given one in return. "You two be careful." Cory says, folding his arms in front of his chest.

"I promise we'll be back home right after the game is done, Mr. Matthews." Lucas responds, as he and Riley began to walk to the door, his arm still tightly wrapped around her. Just as Lucas opens up the door for Riley to walk through, Topanga walks into the room, holding her usual cup of coffee that Cory had made for her. Together, her and Cory sat on the arm of the couch as they watched Lucas and Riley leave, giving them one last wave of a goodbye before they shut the door.

Topanga and Cory sat there in silence, their eyes still glued to the door. Cory wrapped his arms around his wife, placing a kiss on her cheek as well, reminiscing on the days when they would go on dates all the time, but even if they don't go on as many dates as they used to, they still loved each other more than anything.