College Party (Part 2)

Lucas & Farkle

"What episode are we on now?" Farkle asked as he rubbed his eyes.

Lucas leaned off the edge of his bed as he grabbed the next movie case off of the pile.

"Episode seven." Lucas announced with a yawn as he tossed the case onto Farkle's stomach, causing an inhumane noise to escape him the moment it landed.

Once again, Lucas' phone began to ring.

"Could you please just answer it this time or at least turn it off!" Farkle responded, his hoarse voice dripping with annoyance.

"Sorry." Lucas mumbled harshly under his breath. His fingers slid into his pockets, wrapping them around the phone. The bright light flashed into his eyes as he forced them to focus on whatever name was popping up on the screen.

"It's Riley?" Lucas spoke, furrowing his eyebrows as he pressed the green button.

"Hel- OW." He shouted the instant he brought the phone to his ear. Pulling it away from his ear, Lucas furrowed his eyebrows, confused at what had just happened. "What the hell?"

Farkle turned his head, staring wide eyed at Lucas with his cheeks full of skittles. "Wha?" He muttered out.

Lucas stared at the screen of his phone, his mind filling with questions the longer he looked at the blinding light. The idea of Riley's phone being in the same room with blaring music worried him. Hesitantly, he lifted the phone to his ear and pressed the cold object up against his skin, forcing himself to listen in even with the pounding music shooting through.

Voices from the other end began to swarm throughout his mind as he attempted to collect every piece of evidence that could possibly explain where Riley, or at least where her phone was.

"What's wrong?" Farkle asked, his mouth finally empty from the excessive amount of skittles.

"Riley's not in her dorm and I think she somehow managed to butt dial me." Lucas responsed, pressing his lips together in a firm line.

"Is that.. Bad?" Farkle questioned, slowly reaching for the new bag of skittles that rested on Lucas' bedside table.

Lucas' green eyes flashed angrily at Farkle's hand. Instantly, it retreated back to the pack of skittles he already had in his lap.

"I don't know if it's bad, but it's not normal." Lucas responded to the question as he continued to listen to the phone. "It's 2 am, Riley's always sleeping by now."

Farkle raised his eyebrows, his hand freezing halfway to his mouth with another skittle intact as he turned his head. "And you know that because?"

Lucas' eyebrows ever so slightly dropped as did his eyelids as he sent another glare in Farkle's direction. Farkle had already known the answer, and Lucas had no reason to explain it to him again.

There had been many nights where Maya had decided to visit home and stay there for a night, leaving Riley alone in their dorm room. Everytime Maya was out, Lucas would receive a call from Riley at exactly midnight, explaining that she couldn't find the ability to fall asleep. Reluctantly, Lucas would find himself at the entrance of Riley's door, waiting for her to open.

The first night he stayed the night with her, he understood completely as to why she could never fall asleep. The lights from outside casted terrifying shadows upon the walls that stood across from Riley and Maya's beds. Every object in the room contained a weird silhouette while sitting peacefully in the dark. Lucas was originally laying on the floor on top of some pillows and sheets while Riley would lay still in her bed. Her eyes wide open as she stared at the ceiling, trying her hardest to not look at something that could possibly scare her. Eventually, Lucas couldn't take it anymore and slipped his way into Riley's bed.