Chapter Eighteen

I Write Sins, Not Tragedies 

Chapter Eighteen: Fate Has A Way Of Showing His Ugly Face

"Jasper!" I managed to choke out in shock while he had sunk his teeth deep into my new with a sharp, stabbing pain. The look in his black eyes was wild and beyond reason. Never in my life had I ever felt as scared as in that moment. Even though I knew that my efforts would be in vain, I pleaded desperately, fighting the tears from leaking from my eyes. "Jasper, please stop. Please." 

The only response that I had heard from him was a deep rabid growl, and I knew that this wasn't the Jasper I had grown to love anymore; this was the predator that was within him, hidden within all of the Cullen. This had been what Emmett was trying to protect me from. 

Jasper closed his grasp on me tighter and I could feel the life being sucked away from me. The edges of my vision had gone dark and blurry and the way I was hearing my surroundings had gone distant. I had barely heard the front door slam open as Alice and Edward arrived home. 

Edward sprinted forward so fast that I had only seen him appear above Jasper, tearing him away from where he had his mouth locked onto my neck. Edward's voice was sympathetic and filled with agony. "Oh no, Jasper, what have you done.." 

Jasper was fighting hard again his brother, his eyes still locked onto me like a lion eyes his prey. There was no emotion that filled him now, it was only thirst that drove him now. 

Alice had come over to me, lifting me up in her arms, carrying me out of Jasper's reach so that he could get a hold on himself. Alice's face was somber, and she looked as if she were about to cry; she didn't say a word to me, trying to get me out of the room as fast as she could. 

It was only when she had laid me down in the bed that it really hit me. I had never felt pain like this before. My blood had turned to acid, my entire body screamed out in agony. I wanted to scream, I wanted to cry out, but I couldn't move. I didn't have control over my body anymore. As a sudden wave of it hit me, I bit down on my tongue too hard, causing more blood to pour into my mouth. 

Alice leaned me over so I could spit it out, "I'm so sorry, Mary." Alice held my hand and kept the her cold skin against mine, trying anything to keep me comfortable. "I know it hurts." It was clear that she had no clue what to do and neither more knew what to say, she simply looked on in terror as the burning pain had reached my eyes. 

I heard Edward's voice announce his approach. "Alice, go. Jasper needs you." There was no emotion in him, he was solemn and empty. 

I felt her hand leave mine, but not before one last apologetic squeeze, telling me that she had left the room. I had felt a larger hand take her place, Edward's. I had felt sorry for him in those moments, sorry that he had to hear my thoughts, and sorry that he had to endure the pain along with me. However, selfish as it seemed, I was glad he stayed there with me, glad to not be alone. 

Edward seemed just as unsure as Alice in what to do, simply quieting me down every time that I screamed, telling me that it would be over with soon. How soon was soon? It had only been minutes lying here and it had felt like an eternity. 

Kill me, Edward. I thought to him, knowing he was tuned in. Please, just kill me. 

Edward gave me a tortured look, and I knew that he wasn't going to grant me my request. No one in this family was going to kill me, and I had felt pain at that. They loved me too much to end my pain, but not enough to stop it. Would no one show me any mercy. 

I couldn't tell you what amount of time had passed before Carlisle and the other's had made it home, but I can tell you that it wasn't soon enough.