the devil needed a ride 2

***

"Meow."

"..."

"Meow!"

I groaned rolling away from the noise, "go away!" I swatted my hand curling back to my pillow.

There was another meow making me groan, "Fine!" I snapped sitting up. He hopped into my lap with a meow. I glared at the animal and set it on the floor, "turn to a dog." I ordered and walked to the bathroom.

When I came out all clean and fresh I found the familiar dog lying asleep on the bed. I scoffed walking over and flicked his ear making him growl.

"Grr to you too. You woke me up you have to get up as well!" I gave him a push then changed and headed down stairs.

I made a quick breakfast for my grams and us then there was a bark. I sighed a bit irritated; I remember why I didn't like dogs. I made another plate and put it in the bowl for him.

Grandma came down and I smiled, "Hey grams, I made eggs and bacon with toast." I set a glass of water next to her plate.

She took her plate and I walked to her. I gave her a quick hug and kiss on the cheek, "nana I will have to see you later. I still have things to do." She nodded and glancing briefly at the dog then back to me, before walking to the table.

I walked out with the dog trailing behind me. I opened the passenger side door for him then got in and drove off. I felt a purr against my stomach making me look down. He had changed back into his cat for and curled on my lap. I sighed softly resting a hand on his side petting him gently.

It makes me curious to what he really was. A shape shifting cat isn’t a normal every day thing and not to mention the whole healing and tattoo thing.

Soon we got back to my place; it was a small apartment in a tall building. I set the kitten down but it jumped onto my pants climbing up until he was seated on my shoulder.

When I got to my door unlocking it I heard my neighbor comes out. I couldn't help but smile when he spoke, "Oh hey Kayla.” I opened my door looking at him.

I turned around to face him more, "Hey James how was your sister's party?” I asked leaning in the door frame.

He grinned putting his hand on the wall next to me, "well I found out she has had a boyfriend so I gave him a talking to, and then I awaited your return." He said giving me that a sweet innocent look that I knew he used on every girl.

I opened my mouth to reply but the kitten meowed and slid down head first into my shirt. I blushed reaching to pull him out but he popped his head out with a meow and purred.

"Well that is a pervy cat." James joked but was glaring at the kitten.

I wrapped my arms around my boobs and as if I was protecting him, "Yah well he is my pervy cat." I retorted then blushed. I was being childish. I dropped my arms feeling awkward to be holding my chest.

He chuckled brushing my hair behind my ear, "Well if you ever want something to be called yours just come and find me." He winked and walked off.

I closed the door behind me and laughed, "He thinks I would actually fall for that stupid trick?" I asked aloud then snickered, he is such an idiot.

I went to my room dropping my purse and pulled off my clothes. When I pulled off my bra he climbed onto my shoulder.

"Shower time!" I called heading to the bathroom.

He soon started to look panicked making me snicker as I held him in my hands. I guess cats really don't like water.

"Behave or I will give you to the pound." I threatened and he stopped struggling.