the devil needed a ride 8

*** Kayla’s p.o.v***

I snuggled closer to warmth that seemed to wrap around me. I sighed happily and rubbed my face into the pillow.

"Wake up love." he whispered in my ear.

I groaned tightening my grip, "no..." I didn't want to wake up. I froze when I realized it was a man's voice that told me to wake up. The memories of last night flooded my mind.

I lifted my head and they met with familiar red eyes. My heart began to pound, "Luke?"I asked hesitantly.

He smirked tightening his grip, "yes?" he replied and I just stared wide eye. I let out a few sputtered breaths before I screamed.

His eyes widened and he covered my mouth, "I won't hurt you!"He said quickly looking panicked. I breathed rapidly staring wide at him. I knew he wasn't a cat but I didn't expect him to be a human or a devil like the angel said.

It made sense now; he had to be the devil. He had powers; he wasn't a normal animal that told me his name and he was jealous when the guys came close. He cuddled in my boobs... wait!

I reached up and smacked his head and pulled his hand from my mouth, "you pervert!" I growled glaring at him.

His shocked expression from when I hit him went into a soft smile, "Kayla." he muttered cupping my cheek. I glared intensely at him but his smile didn't flatten, "I have waited till I could let you see me in my human form." he told me softly.

I was confused and I felt my anger fade, "Luke... you owe me a big explanation." I told him.

A smirk stretched across his face, "yah... I know. But wouldn't you prefer to be dressed?" he asked running his thumb on my cheek.

I looked down confused then gasped pressing to him in a quick reaction. He let out a purr noise and tightened his grip, "love?" he asked huskily.

I blushed and quickly pulled away, "close your eyes!" I yelled at him and raced to the bathroom.

I locked the door and panted slightly looking in the mirror. I let out a small laugh shaking my head, "this is unbelievable." I muttered to myself.

I looked up in the mirror then smiled. Over the week that I had Luke after the attack, my hair grown about half an inch and my eyebrows had grown back. Something that didn't grow back was my hair from the waist down... it's a bit weird but I kind of like it.

I stood up straight looking at what I was wearing; it was just a bra and loose shorts... It worried me that I was half naked.

I stripped taking a shower and my mind reeled about the new information I know.

Luke was really the devil and was human like. He also has seen me naked, seen me dance and sing. He has seen the most embarrassing moments that I would never want anyone to see...

Wait... that day he bit me changing me I was naked and I remember him putting me in the bath... he bathed me? Oh god how embarrassing! Not to mention I cuddled to him all night long naked...

I covered my face as I blushed. A thought occurred to me making me touch my stomach but it was smooth. There wasn't even a scar or mark where I was stabbed through the stomach.

I quickly showered and wrapped a towel around my body. I brushed my teeth and opened the door slightly. He was laying on my bed with his hands his head.

I gulped walking to my dresser. I blushed I saw his eyes on me, "what." I asked grabbing undies and a bra.

He just shrugged his muscular shoulders, "I have already seen you naked so I don't get why your shy." his smirk was placed on his face like he was proud of himself. I huffed walking to my closet.

I turned on the light and changed pulling on sweats and a tank top. I took a settling breath before walking out to the bathroom. I hung up the towel coming back to my room.

I looked at him then blushed, "um... are you in my bed naked?" I whispered softly.

He pushed the blanket off standing up making me relax. He had a pair of my large sweats but he didn't have a shirt on making me stare. He had a smooth caramel color toned skin, 6 pack, muscular arms and pecks...

"Want to touch?"

I nodded walking towards him before jumping back blushing wildly. I can't believe I almost touched him! He let out a chuckle walking towards me, "It's alright... it's not like you haven't touched me before." he was referring to when he was a cat and I would scratch his belly.

I blushed more looking down, "that is different." I grumbled playing with my fingers.

His hand grabbed mine tugging me closer, "I presume you have questions?" he asked raising an eyebrow.

I nodded but didn't look up, "um... why is uh... god trying to kill you... and how did you end up in that car?" I felt shy.

He separated my arms putting them around his waist and put his hands on my back and on my head so I was pressed to him.

I felt really shy right now and limply held my hands around his waist. He pet my hair gently and didn't seem to care I was being awkward.

"Well 'god' is trying to kill me because the underworld is getting stronger and if he killed me it would set the development of the underworld back a few centuries... I ended up in that car because one of my own betrayed me allowing me to drink angel's blood which strips me of my power. they stuck me in the car while a cat so no one could find me... but you came along." he whispered the end part and dropped his head into my neck.

I shivered at his warmth, "is it true... that you’re the devil?" I had to know for sure, he had to tell me.

He let out an irritated sigh, "yes I am... but don't think badly of me, I’m not as bad as people make it seen." he pulled back holding my cheeks.

I chewed on my lip, "why didn't you run away when you were safe?" he could have left me when he was safe from the Angel.

He dropped my face looking ashamed, "I...' he dropped to his knees making me give him a look, 'I have been feeding off your soul because I get my power from souls. The more innocent the soul is the stronger I get." he admitted not lifting his head.

My soul? How the hell can he eat my soul? My hand went up to the small black flame on my neck, "why did you bite me? And how did I have thoughs weird powers and why are my teeth sharper?" I had so many questions.

He lifted his head standing up, "In order to eat your soul I had to create a bond, but that mark on your neck isn't the bond."

I was confused, "I don't understand." I muttered softly.

He took a hesitant step towards me, "a bond to eat a soul is emotional until nothing is left, and the mark on your neck is a power bond. You are able to hold and use my powers. That is why the Angel was trying to kill you instead of me.”