the devil needed a ride 9

***                                        

I plopped down on the bed; it was just so much has happened and the thing that worried me most was the whole Angel thing...

If angels want to kill me then it means that the god knows who I am. So even if I do die will I get to hell...? I think I thought this before....

I looked up at look and he gave me a soft smile but none of his teeth showed.

"You didn't answer me about the teeth thing." I mumbled not really having the energy to speak louder.

His smile fell and he looked away from me, "they help me eat souls...' he sounded like he didn't want to tell me but continued, 'you know how people say they see a white light before they die? Well their souls are actually reaching out to god. When someone dies their soul stretches out and I can cut the souls from their body with my teeth." he explained but I was still confused.

I knew he ate souls so...

"How do you eat someone's soul?" I wanted to know, mostly because he said he has been feeding off my souls.

he glanced up at me, "there are two ways of feeding off a soul... one is to rip it from their body and just swallow it that way... the other is to create a bond and slowly feed from it." he took slow steps towards me before sitting beside me on my bed.

"Why didn't you rip my soul from my body?" I wanted to know why he bonded me to him and kept me alive then protected me from the angel. Well I know parts of that but I want to know all of it.

he sighed running a hand through his hair, "for one I was too weak and can't take a soul when I’m not in my human form and another was-" he just cut himself off making me tilt my head confused.

I don't know why he went silent all the sudden but it worried me... was he refusing to tell me? I had a right to know it is my soul he is feeding off of.

My phone broke the silence making me sigh and climb across the bed to grab it on the night stand.

"Yes?" I sounded really depressed...

"Dude!!! We should go to the mall! I heard there was a sale..." she blabbed on and on.

So she doesn't remember what happened? Well she was asleep for most of it. I hope she really wasn't hurt in anyway, I hate how she was dragged into this because of me. They wanted to lure me out so they could kill me and in return Luke.

I felt something touch my arm making me jump surprised. He gave me a small smile, "you should go, forget about everything for a day."

He suggested but it made me curious to see if he would come or not... I mean he has to stay close to me to eat my soul... I don't know why I’m not freaking out and telling him to leave me alone so I don't die but I didn't want him to leave.

"Hey! Are you even listening to me?!" I turned my attention back to my friend.

"Yah sure... I will be there after I get dressed.” I told her and hung up. I set my phone down and slid off the bed going into my closet.

I pulled on jeans and a loose shirt that hung off one shoulder then I dug through my old boyfriend pile getting some old looking jeans and a black shirt. I walked back out holding these for him, "they are the biggest ones I found." he gave me a confused look.

"Why are you giving me clothes?" did he expect me to leave him here? What if angels come and try to kill him? I’m sure he could protect himself but... I still think he should be next to me.

"Because you are coming to... I can't have my pet be lonely all day." I tried to joke but it sounded sort of lifeless...

I went to the bathroom cleaning up and fixed my hair. When I came out I found he had changed into it. His shirt was a little tight showing off his muscular chest but the old jeans fit him nicely.

"Oh shoes!" I smacked my forehead, "what size are you?" I looked up at him.

He gave a small smile, "13." wow... he had big feet...

I nodded, "I will be right back." I walked out the front door and to my neighbor’s door. I knocked and soon he opened the door. I smiled at him and he smiled back.

"This is unexpectedly..." he joked.

I smiled slightly more, "sorry to come over so suddenly but I was wondering if you had any size 13 shoes that I could have?" he gave me an odd look.

"Maybe... wait right here." he walked away leaving me to stand there all alone.

Someone came into view and I saw it was a girl dressed in his shirt. She gave me a look as she looked me up and down.

"Who are you?" she sounded curious. I was surprised I expected her to sneer or glare at me.

James came into view holding out black shoes, "this is my neighbor the one I was telling you about." he told her as I took the shoes.

She looked confused before grinning, "Really? That so cool! You need to come over soon!!!"

I gave her a weird look, "maybe later I’m sort of busy..." James smiled at me, something is off here...

James never would bring a girl home like this unless they were in a relationship and his smile seemed different...

"Hey James how is Jesse.' I asked and I saw he looked confused; I waited a moment before saying, 'you know... your older brother..." I gave him a look and he laughed.

"Oh yah! He is doing fine! Actually is doing way better." he grinned at me.

I faked a smile, "that’s good, I have to go now!" I waved walking back to my door.

That wasn't James... he doesn't have an older brother named Jesse, he has a little sister named Jesse. His mom named them that and made them watch Pokémon for the whole team rocket thing.

I walked to Luke holding a small smile. I can't tell him... he would kill James... but is that even James?

I got some bigger socks from the old boyfriend pile and gave it to him. He sat on the bed as he pulled them on. I don't know maybe I should tell him... well what if he is just having an off day and forgetful? Yah that must be it.

When he was done I grabbed my purse and stuff before heading out. He followed silently besides me. After I locked up I went to my car. He got in the back seat and I drove to Mary s place. Before we parked I gave him sunglasses.

"You should probably hide your eyes." I suggested and he took them putting them on.

We parked and Mary hopped in grinning. She glanced over at Luke who was looking at the window then to my lap probably to find Luke the cat.

"Two questions; who is the hunk and where Luke is?" she asked as I drove.

I didn't feel like lying to her.

"That is Luke, he is my cat and he is the devil to. He can shape shift and heal people, not to mention he has fire powers. Oh and he has been eating my soul so he gets stronger...' I gave a nod, 'yah that pretty much is it... oh and angels were sent to kill me because I hold most of his powers in my body... I think that is about it..." I glanced into my rear view mirror and he was looking at me shocked.

"What?! Ha-ha that is so ridiculous! Oh god that is funny!" she said while laughing.

I knew she wouldn't take is serious because I always say what if scenarios and we laugh about it. Her happy laugh made me smile then laugh along with her.

I smiled looking out the front window maybe today will actually be relaxing and calm.