Chapter 14

Caden's POV

Sebastian decided to start immediately looking for Dimitri. Its scary to think about how dangerous this man is. Not only is he going around killing everyday people, but he is also killing FBI agents.

Sebastian didn't tell me exactly what he did to them, and for that I'm grateful. I didn't need the gruesome details.

I decided to leave Sebastian alone to do whatever he had to do to find Dimitri. The sooner we got this over with the better. I wanted peace of mind so I could move on.

I thought it was weird that he didn't kill me too. Sebastian said it was because I didn't know what my parents really did for a living, and I didn't try and dig into their deaths.

Before going into his office to search for Dimitri, he told me I could use the laptop in his room.

I went to his room and looked on top of his dresser and grabbed the laptop, taking it with me to my room. He should just put his things in here since he's sleeping with me every night.

I got settled on my bed and turned the laptop on, going to the Internet browser.

I typed in Dimitri Horton and waited for it to load. The links led to profiles on social medias. There was nothing else. That didn't help much. Not that I thought it would.

I closed the laptop and sighed in disappointment. I heard a noise downstairs and decided to go down there with Sebastian. It sounded like he was in the kitchen getting ready to make something for lunch.

I walked through the living room to get to the kitchen.

"Sebastian, what are you making for lunch?" I asked. He didn't answer. I stepped into the kitchen and no one was there. I could have sworn I heard him in here.

I turned around to go to his office, but was cut short when a hand clamped over my mouth and nose. Another wrapped around my waist.

"I knew you couldn't help but to meddle. I was looking forward to it." I struggled for a couple of minutes, trying to get his hands off to call Sebastian.

I never got the chance.

Sebastian's POV

I wasn't finding anything on Dimitri by searching the Internet. I don't know how to find him.

I heard a noise coming from the kitchen and figured Caden was fixing himself lunch. I would have done it, but I really wanted to get this over with.

A couple of more minutes, and I heard a weird noise. A thumping noise. Then it stopped. I decided to check on him.

I walked to the kitchen and he wasn't there. The laundry room door was opened, and so was the door that lead outside. Maybe he went for a walk.

I walked to the door, and looked out just to see a car down at the end of the driveway speeding away.

Someone is taking Caden! I ran towards the car, but it was no use. I dropped to my knees and held my head. I let the tears escape. The only person who could have possibly done this is Dimitri.

Dimitri had my love, and there was no telling what he was going to do to him. I had to find him and fast. That was all the motivation I needed to find him.

I ran back to my office and ran the partial plate I had gotten. Yes I hacked the police's computer, but I had to. It took ten minutes for the results. There were five possibilities. None of the owners were men.

This was a small town. It shouldn't be too hard to find him. I thought about it. He would probably just kill the owner of the car. Someone that wouldn't be discovered for a while so he could have a place to hide out without leaving a paper trail.

I looked at the owners. One stood out. It was an 80 year old woman with no kin living near. I knew it was a risk but I'm sure this is where he is.

I put the address into my phones gps and ran to my car. It's been an hour. I hope nothing has happened.

"I'm coming for you love." I said starting the car. "Just hang in there."

Caden's POV

I was jolted awake by a hard slap to my face. I looked up and came face to face with the person who killed my parents.

"Jace?" I asked. I was shocked. This wasn't Dimitri. This was my coworker at the gas station. The one who's shift I covered.

He laughed at my shocked and confused face. "That's not my real name. Dimitri at your service." He gave a mocking bow.

"I don't understand. Why would you do this? My parents? Why?!"

"Well your parents were close to finding me. Somehow they found out my real name. I had to stop them. I didn't want my fun to end. Plus I wanted you to myself. To play with." He gave me a smile that looked deranged.

"That night you covered my shift I was actually killing your fake Aunt. I had to tie up some loose ends.

I figured Sebastian would take you. That loser has been pining over you for years, but I saw you first! I saw you 8 years ago when your parents got their first lead that led to no where. I decided to keep an eye on you.

Two months ago I decided to be Jace and be even closer to you. You had no idea. It was exhilarating.

You are mine to play with. No one else's. And boy do I plan on having fun. You might not, but this isn't for you."

I was horrified. He has been stalking me longer than Sebastian! I could feel the evil radiating off of him.

I didn't even know what to say to him.

"So what should we start with?" He asked walking around me. That's when I noticed I was tied to a chair.

He ran his hand through my hard and I shivered in disgust. He twisted his fingers and pulled my head back sharply causing me to hiss in pain.

He leaned his head close to mine, and I shut my eyes tightly. He pressed a rough kiss against my jaw. "Let's ruin this beautiful body of yours, since you think it's ok to give it to someone when you belong to me."

He released my head roughly and walked to a table that was across the room. He picked up a huge butcher knife, and I prayed Sebastian would find me quickly.