Epilogue

Caden's POV

6 months later

Today is the big day. The day I marry the love of my life and come closer to adopting Skyler.

Speaking of Skyler, he was currently in here talking to me.

"Daddy looks good. Do I look good to?"

"Yes baby, you look amazing." I say as I straighten his little bow tie. He was wearing a little black tux. He looked adorable.

"I think you look good to mommy."

"Thank you baby."

"Daddy's gonna cry."

"Why do you say that?"

"In the movies they always cry. You gonna cry too." He pulls some tissues out of his pocket and put it in mine. "I gave daddy some too."

I smiled at him. He was so sweet. It was hard to believe he had such a horrible past, then he'd go to sleep. He would wake up with night terrors and could never tell us what they were when he finally snapped out of it, but he was really shaken.  It didn't damper his attitude though. He was always cheery.

There was a knock on the door, and Jerry peaked his head in.

"It's time." I gave him a smile and looked at Skyler.

"You have the rings?" I asked.

He walked over to the chair and picked up the pillow with the rings attached. "Right here mommy."

"Ok baby, let's go."

Sebastian's POV

We decided to have a small wedding at Jerry's house. He had a huge backyard.

I was standing at the end of the isle waiting on Caden. I see Skyler step out of the back door with the rings. He walks down the isle with his head held high and the biggest smile on his face. It made me chuckle. He came and stood beside me.

Then music started. Caden wanted an acoustic guitar to play. He loved the sound of them. He walked down the isle to "We Found Love" by Rihanna feat. Calvin Harris.

It was a beautiful arrangement. It was just the music, and no singing.

I watched as Caden came down the isle, and I couldn't help the few tears that slipped out. I can't believe that he's marrying me. After all I had done, he still is able to look past that and love me.

I felt Skyler nudge me. "Use your tissue." He whispered loudly. Everyone heard him and laughed.

Caden finally made it down the isle and was standing beside me. His face was flushed, and he had a few tears also. I took my tissue and wiped them away. The crowd awed.

He gave me a small smile as the Jerry started talking. We didn't want a stranger performing our wedding ceremony.
I didn't hear what he said because I was captivated by the love I saw shining through Caden's eyes.

I never thought that I could have love. I never thought that someone could love me after my father beat it into me that I am worthless and unlovable.

I was shaken out of my thoughts by another jab from Skyler. "You supposed to say your vows."

"Thanks buddy." I turned back to Caden who was smiling softly. "The moment I first saw you I was hooked. I couldn't get you out of my mind and might have done some illegal things to get you to notice me. I wish I could change the way I went about things, but I can't. I'm just grateful you decided to stay with me.

I can't promise our future will always be rainbows and butterflies, but I intend to try my best to always make you feel happy and cared for. I love you so much and I'm looking forward to our family being completed."

Caden had tears in his eyes, and Skyler whispered loudly again for us to use our tissues.

"Sebastian, before you, I kept to myself. I had lost everyone I loved. Then you came into my life, and I struggled with myself. I had feelings for you, but what you were doing was wrong. I thought, what's wrong with me? Then as time when on, I loved you more and more, and eventually forgot what you did. I was so in love that I could disregard what you did because I understood.

Then Skyler came into our life and it was like we were complete. I love you so much and can't imagine spending my life without the both of you."

We quickly went through the rest. When Jerry said we could kiss I grabbed him into a passionate kiss. He was mine, forever, and I was never letting go.

Skyler's POV

I finally have a mommy and daddy that love me. I'm so happy, but also sad. Can you be happy and sad at the same time?

I wish I wasn't sad. I hate being sad. I just couldn't forget. I just wanted to forget.

Mommy and daddy know I have bad dreams, but they think I don't remember them. I do. It's what happened to me before Sebastian saved me.

I pretend to be happy so I don't make mommy and daddy sad too. I don't want them to be sad, then I'd be sadder.

I wish I could be happy.

Ooohhh they're cutting the cake! I want cake! Maybe cake will make me feel better.

I've eaten so many new things with my new mommy and daddy. I used to not know what cake was!

I'm glad I have them. Maybe now this hurt I feel inside will go away.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Author's note:

So that's the end! The sequel will be on Skyler when he's in high school, so there will be a time jump. I'm not quite sure when I'll be posting that one yet but I'll add a part on this book to let you know, or if you follow me you'll be able to see when I post a new story in your newsfeed.

Anyways, thanks to all the votes and comments. They really helped to motivate me. If you liked this please vote, comment, and follow! Until later!