Chapter 24

Sebastian's POV

I left Caden at the house while I went to talk to Jerry. I didn't want Caden to know where it was and be tangled up in this. I wanted him as safe as possible.

I parked in the underground garage beside the deserted building. I walked to the tunnel that lead from the garage to the building. I used my access key to get into the tunnel and again to exit.

I walked to Jerry's office and knocked on the door.

"Come in." He said.

I walked in and sat down in the chair in front of his desk. I looked around nervously. This conversation could go any way, and I'm afraid the outcome won't be what I want.

"Caden! Long time no see." He said cheerily.

I gave a slight smile, more of a grimace. "Yeah."

"So what brings you here today? Are you ready to get back to work?"

"I actually have some things I need to talk to you about. Last night, I took Caden to a restaurant, and we were treated horribly, and I knew that if we stay in this small town it'll happen wherever we go. I don't want that kind of life for Caden. I want to be able to go out in public and hold his hand or kiss him."

"I understand. We can relocate you. You could even work from home."

"Actually I was thinking about retiring from this business. It's dangerous and I'm not just looking out for me. I have Caden to look after also."

I didn't want to, but I kept eye contact. I wanted to seem strong and determined. I didn't want him to think he could change my mind.

He just sat there staring at me, rubbing his chin thoughtfully. I couldn't tell what he was thinking.

"Sebastian..."

Caden's POV

Hopefully Sebastian comes home with good news. I didn't just want to move because this small town was against gays, I also want to get a fresh start. This town has brought me nothing but misery.

I didn't know what to do. I was usually doing something with Sebastian. Then I remembered the place he showed me, and I knew I wanted to go there.

When I had walked the short distance to the creek I stopped and looked around. 

It was just as beautiful as last time. The water was crystal clear and the flowers just as vibrant. I felt a sense of peace. I could hear birds chirping and squirrels rustling around in the forest. It was calming.

It helped take my mind off of everything. I wish I would have thought of this place earlier. It would have helped me before I got the tattoo.

I thought back and how I was so upset that Sebastian kidnapped me. Honestly, I think it's the best thing that could have happened to me. I found the man I was supposed to spend the rest of my life with.

Granted he has some massive issues, but who in this world is perfect? Everyone needs love.

We're working on his. I think he's starting to realize that he is worth something and that people can love him. He just needed someone to show him. He needed me.

All of the sudden, I heard rustling coming from the trail and tensed up. I turned and saw Sebastian stepping into the clearing.

"There you are! I thought you might be here." He walked up to me and gave me a light kiss.

"I had forgotten about this place. It's so beautiful and peaceful here."

"It is."

"So what did Jerry say?" I asked nervously.

"He said he thought it was a good idea to move somewhere there is more people at because they probably won't pay us any attention. I told him I wanted to retire."

"What did he say?" I asked holding my breath. What he does is dangerous and I don't want him putting his life at risk anymore.

"He didn't want me to leave, but he said he understood. He knows I won't say anything about them to anyone but you and he knows he can trust you because I trust you. He said if I ever wanted to come back, a spot would be open. He even suggested me working for him."

"I thought you were working for him."

"I was, but he owns his own business. Don't worry, this ones completely legal. He wants us to move to New York and work at his office there. He said he needs a co-ceo there."

"What kind of business is it?" I asked. I was pretty excited. New York! I'd never been to a place that booming. Heck the first time I left the state was when I went to Florida with Sebastian to see about the tattoo.

"Well it's a video game company. He said if I didn't want to be co-ceo that I could just be a developer. I told him I'd like to be the co-ceo. I think this is going to be really good for us."

"I do too. When are we moving? We have so much to do!"

"At the end of the week. He has a place we can stay at until we find a place or if we like his, he said we could keep it."

"This is amazing. Things seem to be looking up."

"They sure do love."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Author's Note:

So this story is almost complete. Probably about 10 chapters at the most.

Vote, comment, and follow if you enjoyed.

(If anyone reads these you know my baby girl  isn't feeling well. The reason she doesn't feel good is because of teething. Teething sucks. Big time)