Chapter 19

Caden's POV

When I woke up in the morning, I couldn't wait to get the day started. Sebastian said he had a fun filled day for us. I'm sure most of the day will be spent on the beach.

"Sebastian wake up!" I said pouncing on him. It was a little weird and it hurt my chest, but I was too excited to care.

"That's one way to wake someone up." He grumbled. I thought he was mad at me so I scrambled off of him. Well I tried. He wrapped his arms around me and pulled me closer.

"What's wrong?" He asked when he noticed my shaking and the tears about to spill from my eyes.

"I thought you were mad at me." I said shakily.

"Love, even if I was mad at you I would never hurt you. I love you. I'd do anything to try to protect you."

"I know. It's just going to take some time to recover from what he did."

"I know love. I'll help you." He gave me a light kiss on my forehead.

He hadn't tried kissing me or touching me since that night with Dimitri. I was grateful for it. I don't think I could handle that again so soon.

"Umm Sebastian." I said questionably,"will I be able to swim with my bandages on?"

He laughed. "I'll buy you a compression shirt to wear, and when we get done swimming I'll bandage you up again."

I smiled. Today should be good.

We got ready and left. He took me to eat breakfast, and it was delicious. Dare I say better than Sebastian's? I would never tell him that though. His cooking was pretty amazing.

It wasn't too hot outside. It felt almost perfect. It would be perfect if it wasn't so humid.

And I thought Alabama was humid. I thought.

We drove to the beach after getting a compression shirt to go over my bandages. I know it seems childish of me, but I wanted to build a sandcastle. I had never built one before.

When I told Sebastian he didn't laugh at me like I thought. He just said he wanted to build one too and already prepared to do so. He held up the backpack he was carrying.

We found the perfect spot and got the pails and shovels out of the bag. We decided to each make one and then decide who's was better.

I made four columns and connected them with a wall of sand. Then I remembered that castles had trenches, so I dug one. I looked around for something to use as the drawbridge and found a piece of seaweed and used it. I carved out a little hole to use as a door. It took me a couple of tries because it kept caving in.

By the end I had an awesome looking sand castle. I looked over at Sebastian and laughed. He had a mound of sand.

"Don't laugh. The sand wasn't cooperating." He pouted.

"I think I finally found something you are bad at." I replied. "I also believe I won."

He smiled and stood up, coming closer to get a better look.

"You definitely one this contest." He pulled me into a hug, and I laid my head on his chest. It felt nice to just be held. I felt cherished, safe.

"Let's go swim." He suggested, and I nodded in agreement. I couldn't swim that well yet, but practice improves you.

I couldn't tell you how long we spent in the water. All I know is that when we decided to call it quits, I was starving and my body felt like jello.

"I don't think I can move." I said to Sebastian as I was sprawled out in the sand.

"Let me rest for a minute and then I'll carry you."

"You can't carry me! I weigh a ton!"

"Love, I've carried you before. Besides, you don't weigh that much and I like to work out remember."

"Yeah, but I haven't seen you working out."

"I've had more important matters to attend to." He said plainly. "Besides. We just worked out together. Believe it or not, but swimming is exercising."

I felt dumb. Of course he's had more important things to do. How could I forget?

I looked at Sebastian and noticed him getting up. I tried but just couldn't do it. I thought I was in better shape then this.

He came over to me and helped me up. "Here, I'll give you a piggyback ride."

I managed to get on with some struggle and we were off to the car. We weren't that far away.

I lied.

We had to park a pretty good distance from where we were. I felt bad for a second before I remembered he had kidnapped me. I had forgiven him, but I'll consider this his punishment.

With the guilt gone I relaxed and enjoyed my ride, and what a nice ride it was. All firm and toned chest under my hands.

I caught myself caressing him and automatically stopped. I'm sure he didn't notice what I did.

Sebastian's POV

Of course I noticed his caressing hands. He was doing it for a while. I didn't mind though. He could touch my body as much as he wanted. It was his after all.

Today had been a fun day. I might have worked him too hard with the swimming, but I just wanted to get his mind off of all the bad that's been happening.

He didn't complain at all about his wounds hurting, but I know they had to be. The salt water getting into them and irritating them.

When we finally got home I told him to take a shower first and then I would. He took his fast, and I took a quick shower too.

I bandaged him up again with care. They were looking better but no where near healed.

Caden chose a movie for us to watch while I ordered room service. We were too tired to do anything else.

"I love you." I said again to him. I didn't say it enough, and you never know if you are going to lose them. I almost lost him recently. I'd do anything to keep that from happening.

He smiled at me softly. "I love you too."

Hearing those words coming from him, even after the tragedy he had just been through, warmed my heart.

I never wanted to lose this feeling.