Chapter 21

Sebastian's POV

Last night was amazing. It wasn't planned, but I wouldn't change what happened for the world. I felt like things were finally looking up.

I made breakfast in bed for Caden. I made him a bacon, egg, and cheese burrito and a glass of orange juice.

I put the food on a tray and walked carefully upstairs, trying not to spill or drop anything.

When I made it to the room, I placed the tray on the nightstand.

I looked at Caden sleeping peacefully. He was so beautiful. He had a slight smile on his face, hinting at a good dream. His lips were still swollen from last night, hair wild. I kind of don't want to wake him up, but I know he's going to be really hungry. We used a lot of energy last night.

I ran my hand through his hair and kissed his forehead.

"Wake up Caden. I brought you breakfast."

He stirred and his smile grew bigger.

"Sebastian," he said happily and gave me a warm hug. I loved it when he acted like this. Happy. I hugged him back tightly. It was almost hard to believe how far we've come together.

I pulled back and placed the tray on his lap. "Aren't you going to eat?" He asked.

"I ate earlier."

"Oh ok." He dug in letting out moans of appreciation.

"Stop that." I whined. He gave me a quizzical look. "Your moans are turning me on, and I don't think your body is ready for another round." I gave him a wink.

He blushed and continued eating. After he was done, I took the dishes back to the kitchen and he took a shower. He wouldn't let me join unfortunately.

"What do you want to do today?" I asked him through the bathroom door.

"I just want to relax all day, be lazy."

"Ok, I'll go pick some movies out and we can watch movies or tv. I might have some board games. I have video games too."

"Sounds fun. We can do a little of it all."

After he gave me the go ahead, I went downstairs and got everything ready. I made a pallet in the floor and got some drinks. I didn't bother with snacks because we just ate. I picked out some movies and games to play and settled in.

He came down a couple of minutes later wearing sweatpants and a sweatshirt.

"Aren't you hot?" I asked. It was summertime still.

"No I feel good with these on. Back at my place, I didn't have air conditioning, so it's a little cool in here."

I nodded my head in understanding and patted the place beside me on the pallet.

"What do you want to do first?" I asked.

"Hmmm." He looked at everything. "How about we play some video games first. We can talk and play at the same time."

I agreed and put on a game.

"So things have been kind of hectic, so I haven't gotten the chance to ask, but how did you and Jerry meet?" He asked randomly. I never wanted to lie to him so I told him the truth, even if it makes him upset with me.

"Well when my parents kicked me out I needed a job. It was actually an accident that I met him. I didn't have a car at that time so I was walking everywhere. I walked passed an alley and heard a guy talking on the phone.

I can't find the target. Don't you have someone that could find him for me?

I knew I shouldn't be listening in. He sounded dangerous. I started backing away but he noticed my shadow moving. It had to have been my shadow because I didn't make any noise.

Stop! He said and ran to me before I could move. He pressed a gun to my head.

I can help! I said frantically. I didn't want to die. I wasn't ready. 

He narrowed his eyes at me and asked what I was talking about. I told him I was good with computers and could find the target for him. He lead me to his car. He said I better not be lying or it would be worse for me.

We went to some abandoned building. He took me inside, and that's where I met Jerry. He was even more intimidating than the guy holding the gun to my head.

Needless to say, I used their computer to find the target they were looking for, and I was instantly hired. It wasn't like I had much of a choice. If I didn't join they would kill me.

The pay was amazing though so I didn't really mind. I didn't really stop finding targets until I knew I loved you and decided to get everything you needed or wanted. I  had occasional jobs but didn't really have time to do most of what they wanted me too. They said that after you got settled in I could start back up."

He looked shocked and a little scared. I didn't want him scared of me.

"Are you in a gang?!?" He asked nervously.

"What? No!" I said. "I'm a part of an independent assassination team. I've never killed anyone though. I just find them. And these people are really bad people that they target, like terrorist and murderers."

He looked a little more relieved but still scared and nervous.

"That seems pretty dangerous."

"It would be, but I'm really good at what I do. They are good at what they do. Our identities are extremely protected. Don't worry. We're safe."

He seemed to relax even more.

"I just don't want you to get hurt. I don't know what I'd do without you. I have no one but you."

"I won't, I promise. And maybe we won't be alone forever. You never know what the future holds."

He gave me a small smile, and we continued playing the video games.

"Jerry's team killed him didn't they?" He asked softly.

"Yeah." I said just as softly.

"Thank you for not doing it yourself."

"Don't thank me. In a way I did do it."

"Yeah, but you knew I needed you so you let them handle it. I don't know how I would have reacted if you were the one that killed him. When you were beating him it was like you were in a trance. You couldn't hear me. It scared me. What if you get so mad at me that that happens again?"

"It won't. I got like that because he dared to hurt you. I've never felt like that before, and I know it was triggered because of what he was doing to you. I needed to protect you, bring you justice."

"I know now you won't hurt me. You were so gentle with me last night. I can't believe that you would hurt me like you did him after what happened last night."

"Good, because I won't." I placed my controller down and took his too. I turned his face to me and looked into his eyes. "I love you."

"I love you too." I smiled and kissed him. I would never get tired of hearing those words.