09; Troubled Airways

"What if we need some kind of trigger?" Scott suggested as they walked through the halls. "Wasn't Malia driving when she remembered the crash?"

"Yeah, but how are we supposed to trigger a memory we don't remember?" Claire asked, looking between the two boys.

"Maybe it's a delayed thing." He offered. "Maybe you have to wait a couple of hours."

The lights above them flickered, causing all of them to pause and turn to Kira who had been trailing behind, looking at her curiously.

"That wasn't me. I swear."  The kitsune said in a panicked tone, eyes wide.

"We keep an eye on eachother today okay?" Scott asked, looking down at Claire.

"Yes, and keep an eye out for any potentially homocidal chimeras." Stiles added.

"And keep an eye out for the dread doctors." Kira sighed, Claire nodding in response. Scott absentmindedly put his arm around her and started guiding her to class, Kira standing there quietly for a moment before following.

"Starting to see an appeal for a third eye!" Stiles called, hands on his hips.

● ● ●

"So, while introducing the African Kane Toad," The teacher started, moving away from the board. "Sounded like a good way to deal with Australia infestation of the Great Beetle, but fortunately the road also...."

Claire's attention left the teacher as she watched Sydney scratch at her head with a confused expression. Her phone buzzed, causing her to look down.

From Lydia:

         Chimera?

She quickly typed a response.

To Lydia:

        Look at her hair.

Both girls watched as she pulled her hand away, a lock of hair in her palm. When Sydney realized she started freaking out silently, getting up as placing a drop form on the teachers desk and rushing out of the room.

"Wise decision Sydney." Lydia quickly grabbed her things and went to follow her, only stopping briefly when the teacher spoke. "Lydia, you know it's for the best."

The strawberry blonde just pursed her lips and left, Scott and Claire sharing a glance before he looked down at his own drop form sadly. After the bell rang they got up, following Lydia  when she didn't return. They bumped into Sydney on the way, who seemed panicked.

"Whoa, you okay?" Scott asked, grabbing her shoulders lightly.

"Lydia. Sh-she.." The girl couldn't finished causing them to share a glance once more and rush into the counselors office, where Lydia laid on her back, eyes wide and unmoving.

"Lydia?" Claire asked as she shook her, the girl blinking rapidly. "Lydia you okay?"

"I'm okay." She took ahold of Lydia's hand to stop it's shaking with a worried expression. "Fine."

"You remembered something." Theo spoke up, making Claire jump and look behind her. She had any even realized he had followed.

"Not about the dread doctors." She sighed, pushing herself up. "Nothing about them or the surgery."

"What was it?" Scott asked, the two boys helping her up.

"My grandmother. At Eichen house."

"Lydia?" Natalie Martin entered the room, heels tapping loudly on the tile floor.  "Lydia! Oh my god, what happened? Are you alright?"

"Mom I'm fine." She muttered, squeezing her eyes shut. "It was nothing."

"Was it a blackout?" She asked, moving her daughter's hair aside. "Did you faint?"

"Yeah." The banshee lied, looking at her mother steadily. "Yeah I fainted. Mom, I'm fine. I promise."

● ● ●

"I don't know dude." Brett sighed, shaking his head. "Everyone at Devenfords pretty abnormal to me."

"Alright what else is there to look for?" Mason asked, holding up his fingers to count. "There's heightened strength, smell."

"Hearing." Claire added from where she laid on the bench, eyes closed. "Speed."

"Able to see in the dark." The werewolf said, watching the feild. "Glowing eyes, eyes that reflect light."

"Let's not forget visible scorpion stingers protruding from arms." Claire groaned as she sat up. "Or giant lizard tails."

"What's up with those two?" Brett asked, watching Liam Hayden on the field. Claire didn't care to hear the rest of the conversation as she got up, slinging her bag over her shoulder and walking down the bleachers.

"Does anyone have asthma?" Someone yelled, running frantically onto the feild. "Does anyone have an inhaler?"

"Scott?" Claire muttered, Liam obviously having the same idea. She ran across the field to the beta. "Liam!" She reached into her bag and tossed him hers, the two running back to the building, Liam much faster than she was.

By the time she got to the classroom and shoved past the crowd at the door, Liam was already squatted down next to Scott. She felt her heart leap up to her throat as she knelt down, hearing him struggle to breathe.

"Scott." Liam growled, his eyes flashing a vibrant yellow. They grew panicked when it had no effect, Claire's eyes widening as she tucked a piece of hair being her ear.

"Scott." She pleaded, squeezing his fingers around the inhaler with shaking hands. She and Liam shared a panicked glance, the brunette getting an idea.

She took a deep breath and let it go shakily, before grabbing the sides of his face gently and pressing her lips to his.

Scott's eyes grew wide and she pulled away, watching as he brought the inhaler to his lips and pressed down on the tube, breathing in deeply. When he pulled it down she let out a sigh of relief, her head falling on his shoulder.

"Thanks." He breathed, eyes wide. Claire pulled away and gave him a small smile, squeezing his hand comfortingly.

"Anytime."

________________________

Not edited.

This is a filler, but hey ScLaIrE at the end! The next chapter will be up in a few, so stay tuned.

Vote and comment

Xx