20; In The Way

"Lydia?" Claire called out, looking down at her phone, the screen blank.

"Here." Lydia replied. She walked up to see her flipping furiously through the bestiary. She came across a certain part and paused, staring at the page.

"Woden's hunt?" She asked, eyebrows furrowed.

"Also known as the wild ride," The strawberry blonde explained, eyes skimming the page. "About the devilish riders in the sky accompanied by black dogs, spectral beasts whose eyes glowed with fire, a bearer of death and guardian of the supernatural. The black dog is also known by it's more common name,"

"The hellhound." Claire finished, looking up at Lydia, who snapped the book shut, staring into space. "Lydia? What's wrong?"

"She knows what's going to happen." A voice behind her made her freeze, both girls turning around. "Don't you?"

"Someone's going to die here." She gasped, the banshee's words leaving a sour taste in Claire's own mouth

"You're right." Theo said, his face void of emotion. "But I can't let you tell anyone."

"Lydia," Claire swallowed, her hand closing around her wrist. "We need to leave."

"Why?"

"Because I want you, Lydia." He said simply, the girls looking at him in confusion. "I want all of you."

"What are you talking about?" The brunette snapped, stepping forward.

"Don't worry, I'll give you two some time to think about it." His arm shot out and smacked Lydia, the girl falling to the floor.

Claire looked up at Theo with wide eyes, stepping backwards over Lydia's now unconscious body.

"Y'know, I knew Stiles would figure it out, but you," He shook his head and chuckled, stepping closer as Claire's hand edged to the her bag. "You surprised me."

"You can't do this." She swallowed, heart pounding in her chest. "Scott will never let it happen."

"What was it?" He asked, holding out his hands. "Did you remember seeing me talk to your mom? Or the time you donated blood and met the nervous guy who was terrified of needles? I'm not, by the way."

She didn't answer, her fingers closing around the two daggers as she dropped her bag. Transferring one of them to her other hand she spun them on her middle fingers, jaw clenched.

"Cute." He smirked, eyes glowing their vibrant yellow. She swung out her arm, barely cutting his shirt as he jumped back, anticipating her move. She sent a hard kick to his chest, ducking when his claws came towards her. She turned quickly and raised one of the daggers, lodging it in his shoulder and kicking him in the chest when he stepped back in shock.

She took the opportunity to dart up the stairs, her back pressed against one of the shelves on the second floor.

"You probably shouldn't have done that." Theo called out, her jaw clenching as she held the dagger, ready for when he found her. "It's not hard to find you, y'know. Your heart is practically pounding against your ribcage and well, you reek of Scott."

His voice grew closer and she stood up slowly, peering through an open spot between the books. He turned when her phone went off downstairs, giving her the time to step around the corner and throw the dagger, lodging it in his lower back.

"You think you're clever, but in all reality," He chuckled, shaking his head as he pulled the dagger out, tossing it away. "You just lost your only defense." His hand closed around her throat, backing the thin girl into a bookshelf, squeezing tighter as she gasped for air.

"Sc-Scott-"

"Scott's not here to save you." He growled, tightening his grip as she clawed at his hand, tears springing in her eyes. "I had planned for you to help me, to be a weapon at my disposal."

His lips brushed her earlobe, his breath hot on her neck and making her whimper.

"Too bad you got in the way." He slammed her head back into the wood, the girl crumpling to the ground without even a gasp. He looked at her with a satisfied smirk before bending down and hoisting her over his shoulder.

It was just the beginning.

● ● ●

Scott stared at the stone sign that had gone through the roof, his phone vibrating.

From Claire:
Library

He made his way down the hall, not even noticing the scent of blood as he passed a janitors closet. He walked into the library, only to find it empty.

"Claire?" He called, turning around. "Lydia?"

Scott pulled out his phone, ignoring Liam's texts with hesitation and pulling up Claire's contact instead, tapping the call feature. He heard vibrating, walking down one of the many rows of bookshelves, Claire's phone going of between two books.

He picked it up in confusion, his attention being stolen by the line of mountain ash at the end of the bookshelf.

"Sc-Scott-"

"Claire?" He yelled, running back to the front where Theo was adding the last of the mountain ash. "That's not possible."

"You're right." Theo shrugged. "Werewolves shouldn't even be able to touch mountain ash."

"You're a chimera." Scott realized.

"The first chimera." He corrected. "It's the coyote part you don't notice. That's why Malia trusted me first and she probably didn't know it. Found a perfect word though Scott, because a chimera isn't just a monster made up of different part. It can also be something impossible to achieve, an unrealizable dream."

"And they realized you."

"They came close with me. We can't all be perfect." He sneered, stepping over the ash. "We can't all be true alphas."

Scott bounced off the barrier of mountain ash, flying into a set of chairs.

"Damn. I felt that." He shook his head, walking over to a cellphone jammer and turning it on. "No calls Scott. No Stiles, no Malia, no Lydia. You're just gonna have to wait here alone for what happens next."

"Me?" He asked, gasping for breath. "What's next?"

"The super moon." Theo answered, reaching into his pocket and pulling out a tiny voice recorder, pressing the button. Scott froze when Claire's voice spilled out of the speakers, pleading his name again. "She tried to tell you, y'know."

He tossed the recorder across the ash, the device skidding to his feet.

"Too bad you didn't listen."

________________________

Not edited.

Oh shit.

Oh shit.

Well, I don't have much to say about this. Have fun, because the next chapter is going to be painful. It has 1400 words and I haven't even added any dialogue/ whatever from the episode itself lol.

Vote and comment ❤️

Xx