13; Bloodsport

Liam grunted as he pulled at the contraption on his arm, finally giving up as he got nowhere. His eyes searched the room, the young beta freezing as he watched Hayden lay on the table, eyes wide with fear. An alarm sounded, one of the doctors standing next to him as they filled a syringe, walking back over to the terrified girl while another scanned her with what looked like a UV light.

"Her condition worsens."

"Stop!" He yelled, trying to roll over. "Stop hurting her!" His eyes turned a florescent amber, teeth bared as he growled, one of the doctors landing a firm kick to his face.

● ● ●

Liam came to in time to see Hayden tossed to the ground, the beta crawling over to her as she gasped in pain. "Hayden." He grunted, pulling himself with one hand. "You okay?"

"It hurts." She whimpered, fingers stained with black as she held her side.

"Give me your hand." He said, taking her hand. "This is going to help. To take the pain. I've never done it before but I can try." She nodded and he squeezed his eyes shut, gripping her hand. He let go when he realized it wasn't working, the girl letting out another cry.

"I'm sorry." He whispered.

"Why did they do this to us?" She asked, wetting her lips.

"I don't know." He answered sadly, taking her hand once more.

"What are they doing to her?" She questioned, Liam following her gaze and noticing her for the first time, strapped to a chair.

"Claire." He called, but got no reply. That's when he noticed the tube going from her arm to a blood bag, almost like it was giving her blood. Much to his dismay, he realized it was the opposite as the doctors appeared, pulling out the needle and unstrapping her, another taking the bag off of it's hook carefully. Without even a second glance he tossed her to the floor, a few feet away from them. She lay there unmoving as Hayden released his hand, inching over to her and hissing in pain. She grabbed her shoulder and rolled her over, shaking her lightly.

"Claire." She whispered, shaking her once more. Claire's eyelids fluttered for a moment, opening slowly as she took in her surroundings. Her eyes widened as realization struck, the doppelganger starting to wheeze.

"What's wrong?" Liam asked frantically, listening to her lungs fight for air. "Is it an asthma attack?" She gave him a nod that was barely noticeable, her wheezing quickening as the doctor with the cane approached, taking the end off his walking stick to reveal a long needle.

Hayden let out a sob as he raised it high, plunging it into Claire's chest.

"No!" Liam growled, the doctor pulling it out and walking away slowly. Claire let out a gasp and sat up, eyes wide as she regained her ability to breathe. She bent over and coughed wildly as she clutched her throat, the other two watching in fear.

"I'm okay." She breathed, shoulders relaxing as she looked over at them and winced. She looked down at the crook of her elbow where a tiny drop of drying blood sat, her eyebrows furrowing as she recognized it's manner. She had given blood many times before, seeing as she had two parents in the medical field.

"Why did they take my blood?"

● ● ●

Liam let out a cry of pain as Claire and Hayden slowly pulled the tube out of his arm, gasping lightly when they removed it completely, Liam clutching is arm as black liquid spilled out the contraption.

"Hey, you okay?" Hayden asked, the boy nodding in response. "Will it heal?"

"It'll heal." He grunted, Hayden smiling slightly. His gaze drifted behind the two girls, eyes wide. "Hayden! Claire!"

Hayden screamed as one shoved a needle into her neck, another plunging it into Liam's eye as he yelled.

"Stop, please!" Claire sobbed as the third one grabbed her arms, hoisting her up. She struggled as he started to drag her away, the brunette screaming loudly as she watched the two being tortured. 'Why are you doing this?"

"You are the key."

"For what?" She cried as they strapped her into a chair once more, preparing a needle. She let out a hiss of pain as he stuck it in her vein, taping it in place. A single tear fell down her cheek as witnessed the blood start to drain through the tube, the doctor uttering one last reply.

"The key for success."

________________________

Not edited. Like at all.

Fillers are chill. Sorry it's so short. Hopefully I can update again tonight, so hand in there. *Throwback to Morell's kitten poster*

*Cues repeating evil laughter* How much do y'all hate me right now?

Wtf? Key to success? What ever does that mean?

How many of y'all thought he was gonna like, kill her when he pulled out that cane?  They don't want to kill Claire, seeing as she is somehow important for their "mission".

Major Sclaire coming up you guys like, you don't even know.

Anyways, vote and comment how you guys feel and why they want her blood? For what? Who knows?

Oh yeah, me.

Xx