19; Metallic

"What?" Stiles looked at her in disbelief, her words startling him. She brought a finger to her lips, tapping her ear as her eyes flitted to the clinic. She didn't doubt Theo would listen in of they spoke any louder.

"I believe you." She repeated, her voice low. "About Donovan. About Theo."

"You really should talk to your dad, I'm sorry Stiles." Her voice raised, eyes locking with him before she grew quiet again. "If anything happens, text me."

Stiles nodded, the girl pressing her lips in a tight line before turning away and entering the clinic.

"What do you mean no?" Liam asked angrily, stepping closer to Scott.

"What's going on?" Claire asked, looking between the two.

"Scott won't give Hayden the bite." He growled, the girl looking at him in shock.

"Look at her." Scott said softly, her gaze turning to the chimera in the corner, Theo by her side. "She's too weak, it'll kill her. We don't know what the mercury is doing to her."

"Or if it's even mercury." She sighed, leaning against the table.

"This can't be the only way to save her." The alpha whispered.

"It saved mine."

"That was different." He shook his head. "You were hanging off the ledge."

"You promised." He hissed, his tone making a lump grow in her throat. "You said you'd do everything you could!"

"Which is why I'm not going to do something I think is going to kill her." His breath caught, wheezing between words. "There has to be, there has to."

"Scott," Claire pleaded, eyes wide. "Where's your inhaler?"

"I've got it." Theo spoke, standing up and tossing him the plastic tube, Scott using it imeadietly.

"There's another way." He assured, looking at Liam. Claire's attention was elsewhere, shoving past Theo and kneeling next to Hayden.

"Guys," She said, gaining their attention, her eyes wide as Hayden gasped in pain. "I don't know what the statistics are for surviving a werewolf bite, but she's definitely not surviving this. We need to do something."

● ● ●

"What's that?" Liam asked as Claire opened up the small ice chest, handing a pouch to Melissa.

"It's called chelation therapy." She answered, looking over her shoulder at him, familiar with the procedure. You learn a lot of random terms when you have parents in the medical feild. "It removes heavy metals from the blood."

"The only problem is it can enter the kidneys and Hayden only has one to begin with so," Melissa stuck the IV into her hand, Hayden moaning in response. 

"You're hurting her!" Liam snapped, his hand gripping Melissa's wrist tightly.

"And you're hurting me." She replied, her voice calm. Claire's hand touched his shoulder, the beta retracting his hand slowly.

"Sorry."

"Guys, remember we're here to save a life." Theo said, Claire looking up at him. "Not kill eachother."

"It's the full moon." Scott spoke up. "You can feel it even during the day."

"Yeah it's the super moon." Theo added, trying to ignore the harsh look he was getting from a certain doppelgänger.

"What, is that supposed to make you guys super strong, super aggressive?" Melissa asked as Claire held the pole steady so she could hang the bag up.

"Both." He answered, watching Claire grab her phone.

From Stiles:
      Jeep broke down.

She pursed her lips before typing a response.

To Stiles:
Do you need a ride?

The reply came almost instantly.

From Stiles:
No. Make sure you stay with Scott.

She jumped when a hand touched her shoulder, nearly dropping her phone in the process.

"You okay?" Scott asked, eyebrows furrowed as she let out a shaky breath, sliding it into her pocket and reeking of anxiety.

"Can I talk to you?" Claire whispered, chewing on her lip as she looked up at him.

"Yeah." He nodded, the two walking to the front desk. "What's wrong?"

"It's about Theo." She sighed, tucking a hair behind her ear. "I just don't-"

"Claire." They turned to see the omega in question standing there, watching them closely. "Melissa needs your help."

"We can talk later?" He asked, her shoulders slumping in defeat.

"Sure."

● ● ●

"You know you're gonna need help with him." Theo said, looking over at him as they sat in the chairs.

"He'll be alright." Scott assured, looking down at his hands.

"He's sixteen and in love." He shook his head. "First love, you remember what that's like?"

"Yeah, trust me," Scott's gaze lifted to watch Claire smooth back Hayden's hair and whisper something, making the girl smile through her pain. "I remember."

"All those emotions mixed with the super moon tonight isn't gonna be good." He warned, the alpha letting out a long sigh.

"I know."

"We need help." Theo started, lifting his head. "And I'm not talking about restraints, chains. I mean Malia, Stiles, Lydia. You need your pack Scott."

"I'm not so sure I have one anymore." Scott stared at the wall, a discouraged look on his face.

"Let me talk to them." He said, Scott looking over. "Let me see why I can do."

"Hey," Claire slung her bag over her shoulder, phone in hand. "I'm gonna track down Lydia, see where she is."

Theo nodded, standing up and heading towards the door. "I'll find Stiles."

"Be careful." He grabbed her hand, looking up at her. She smiled and gave his hand a light squeeze.

"Of course." She bent down and left a light kiss on his cheek before walking out the door, dialing a number on her phone.

"Hello?" Lydia answered, her tone slightly frantic.

"It's Claire." The brunette said as she got into her car, phone pressed between her cheek and shoulder. "Where are you?"

"I'm about to leave for the library, I think I might have a lead on what Parrish is."

"I'll meet you there."

________________________

Not edited.

I know, I know it's a filler I'm sowwie.

But Evanski/Staire lookin out for each other.

And Claire almost telling Scott, only to be interrupted by the reincarnation of Satan himself.

And Claire going to find Lydia. Hmm. Wonder if that's the best choice.

ALSO: CODY CHRISTIAN IS NOT THEO. THEO RAEKEN IS A CHARACTER PORTRAYED BY THE SUNSHINE PUPPY THAT IS CODY. THINK ABOUT THAT BEFORE ANY OF Y'ALL DECIDE TO GIVE HIM HATE!

Hopefully none of my readers are in any way apart of that, which I doubt it because y'all are adorable flowers that can sometimes be filled with feels and rage.

But adorable rage.

Vote and comment ❤️

Xx