23; Where Were You

Claire rubbed her face as Stiles talked to Melissa and his father's surgeon, her eyes drifting towards one of the doors, where Scott caught her eye through the tiny window. "Scott?"

Stiles's head snapped up, his jaw clenching as he stormed towards the door and slammed it open before grabbing Scott's shirt and shoving him against the wall. Claire held back a yelp as he brought him to the ground, slamming him harder against the tile.

"Where were you? You trusted him. You believed him." He growled as Melissa rushed over, Claire frozen in her spot while Stiles yelled at him. "So where the hell were you, huh? Where the hell where you?"

"Stop it!" Melissa and another doctor grabbed Stiles, yanking him off of her son. A security guard hoisted Scott up as well, both boys panting as they steadied themselves.

"Okay, all right!" Stiles stopped fighting against the guards, his eyes trained on Scott.

"Your dad's not the only one who got hurt." Scott said, his breathing labored and his head spinning.

"Oh, you'll heal." Stiles scoffed, rolling his eyes. Claire could tell by the look on Scott's face that he wasn't talking about himself, feeling her heart drop into her stomach as he covered up the blood stain on his shirt with his jacket.

"I'm not talking about me." He shook his head, clearing his throat. Stiles just stared at him, the silence hanging between them heavy with anger and guilt. "Stiles, it's Lydia."

The look on Stiles's face was gut wrenching, like someone had taken all of the air out of the hall. He didn't even hesitate as he pushed past the doctors and the guards, making his way to the elevator.

Scott looked up at Claire, his eyes darting to her shaky hands. Her bottom lip trembled for a split second, but she pressed her lips together in a thin line.

She saw the concern painted across his features, her body reacting before her mind as she ran towards him, engulfing him in a hug.

"You left." Scott whispered hoarsely, his arms wrapping around her as he inhaled her smell.

"I couldn't leave him alone." Claire murmured, burying her face into his neck. "I couldn't just sit around and do nothing."

"You could have waited." He pulled back, his hands cupping her face. "You scared the hell out of me."

Claire wet her lips, her hand covering his as she gave him an apologetic smile.

• • •

"It could be a side effect of shock."

"She's catatonic." Stiles snapped, his irritation growing with each moment they stood there. "It was Theo digging his way through her mind."

At the mention of Theo's name Claire stiffened, Scott's hand immediately finding hers. She gripped it tightly, his thumb rubbing over the back of her hand.

"Why would he do that?" Melissa questioned, her eyes daring between the teens and Parrish. "What is he looking for?"

"The same thing he's always looking for, an advantage." Scott answered.

"So what did he gain by trying to kill Stilinski?" Parrish asked, his hands buried in the pockets of his jacket.

"It left me alone with Liam." Scott said, swallowing the lump in his throat. "Theo wanted to make sure no one would be there to stop him from killing me."

"Okay, so he gutted my dad as a distraction." Stiles's jaw clenched, a sour taste in his mouth at just the thought of Theo manipulating him.

"We need to find this kid."

"Isn't that a little dangerous?" Melissa bit back, her maternal anger showing in her voice. "Especially since he almost killed my kid?"

"Yeah, but he said he didn't want my dad to die."

"And he didn't kill me." Claire added, her hand brushing over her thigh. "He purposefully left me alive."

"You believe him?" Parrish asked, his eyes narrowing.

"He told me where to find him." Stiles said, shrugging lightly as he rambled on. "So, maybe he also knows how to save him."

"What do you wanna do?" Melissa asked, raising her eyebrows. "Talk to him?"

"If it saves my dad, then yeah." Stiles looked at her as if it was even a question, making it clear that he was serious. His dad was the only thing he had left, and like hell if he was gonna lose him too.

"I'll come with you." Scott offered, Claire's eyes snapping up to look at him. "He doesn't know that I'm alive, maybe that gives us an advantage."

"He'll know you're there." Stiles shook his head, Clair dropping Scott's hand as Stiles started towards the door. "I just need to talk to him, not fight him."

"Stiles, you can't go alone." Melissa called out, making him pause.

"I'll go with you." As soon as the words left her mouth Scott tensed up, everyone in the room staring at her.

"No." Scott shook his head, crossing his arms over his chest. "I'm not letting him anywhere near you."

"Think about it." She argued, her hand moving for emphasis as she spoke. "I'm supposed to be grieving, he would expect me to be with Stiles."

"Does anyone even know how to find him?" Parrish asked, looking around the room for answers.

"We don't have to find him." Stiles said, his eyes locking with Claire. She nodded, giving Scott an apologetic glance was she walked over and stood next to Stiles.

"He'll come to us."

_________________________

NOT EDITED

ITS BEEN TWO YEARS, I JSUT REALISED THAT AND IM CRYING

IM SORRY IM SORRY IM SORRY IM SORRY

I DIDNT EVEN MEAN TO LET THIS BOOK FALL BEHIND, IM SO SORRY

RIP ME

VOTE AND COMMENT

BREA XX