Chapter 7

Avery's POV

I was woken up by my annoying boyfriend this morning.

"Avery, wake up. It's time to get ready. Rebecca will be here soon."

I groaned and continued sleeping. I heard James turn on the faucet and then he was standing over me I could feel him. I felt a liquid being poured on me. I woke up because someone meaning James spilt freezing cold water all over me. "Are you crazy? A simple shake or a kiss would suffice. If I were you, I'd watch my back."

He started laughing and I got out of bed pushed James on the bed. I got ready and waited for Rebecca to come pick me up. We must've visited fourteen stores and came out with twenty shopping bags. We just talked and laughed and it felt good. I was really happy she took a liking to me. She then drove me back to James' parents' house. It was awkward since James wasn't home. I just decided to take a bath and enjoy a Christmas movie until James gets back.

James' POV

I wanted to go finish up one last surprise for Avery since tomorrow was Christmas Eve. I went tp the 'Four Seasons Hotel' and booked a suite. I am going to have a candlelight dinner with Avery, and give her a present at midnight. I needed to go the mall and pick something up so I called my brother Alex. He agreed and I went to pick him up.

"So why are we going to the mall the day before Christmas Eve?"

"I have to get Av one last present and I need your help picking it out."

We got to the mall and went straight to the jewellers. When he saw us going in he looked at me wide eyed. "Are you proposing?"

I shook my head. "No, but I do think she is the one. I wanted to get her a necklace."

I found this silver one that's gorgeous and it has a diamond on it. You can engrave words at the back. I get the words 'My Love, My Life, My Everything.' They wrapped the box and gave it to me. I dropped Alex off at home and went to the hotel. It was really late when I got home and found my angel sleeping. I took a shower and got into bed holding her as I fell asleep.

The next morning I woke up and realized it was Christmas Eve. I turned over to see Avery asleep so I nuzzled into her neck and placed soft kisses.

"Good morning cara mia."

"Mmmm. Let me sleep."

I chuckled what a child she can be. I started touching her cheek and she slapped me. "What the f-"

"James, please let me sleep. I love you, but I will kill you."

After that threat, I left her to sleep. I got up and called Rebecca. I went outside so no one heard about my plan. I told her about what's going down tonight and how special I wanted it to be. I asked her to pack Avery's bag and help her get ready. Rebecca and I were close. And I was so grateful that she helped me. I was so grateful she took a liking to Avery and was supporting her while my family was so rude to Avery. Which reminded me, I wanted to talk to my parents about yesterday. They were really rude to Avery. I went downstairs and found them sitting on the patio having breakfast.

"Mom, dad, we need to talk."

"Of course son. Sit down."

I sat down and turned to face them. I knew they meant well, and they were my parents. But they had to understand that Avery was the love of my life.

"I know you guys are just protecting me. And I love you both tremendously. But, I really love Avery. And reconnecting with her was life a sign of fate. I know the kind of person she is, and she is anything but a gold digger or malicious. I want to marry her one day. I want her to have my children. You both have taught me how important family is. She is my family, and I want you both to accept her into ours."