Chapter 14

Avery's POV

It was now April and school was done and I was grateful that everything went well. Time flew by for the last year. I got into teacher's college. James and I were still going strong. I was so grateful to have him in my life. My dad and I were closer than ever, since he moved to Vancouver to be close to me.

I couldn't even believe that tomorrow I was turning twenty. It shocked me that he remembered my birthday too. James was taking me on a trip. He just wouldn't tell me where. I had no idea what he had up his sleeve but I was excited to go on a vacation. I never left Edmonton before. It would be nice to travel the world with my best friend at my side.

"James. Why can't you tell me where we are going. I need to know what to pack."

"Fine one hint. We are going to Europe. So pack a little bit of casual, fancy, and a couple of bikinis."

"Thank you, that's what I needed to know."

He hugs me from behind and kisses my shoulder.

"Don't forget about dinner tonight." I nodded and looked at the time. I then started to getting ready. Once I was done with my hair and makeup, I walked out into our room in a towel.

"Wow, you look stunning babe."

"I'm not even dressed yet. But thank you Jay."

James got dressed and within an hour we left to go to the restaurant. Jay was looking a little nervous. "James babe. Are you okay?"

He glanced at me and took my hand. "Yes, I'm fine. Just want everything to go well."

I kissed his cheek and we reached the restaurant. As we walked inside I heard people scream, "Surprise."

 looked around and saw Stephanie and Matt, Alex and Rebecca and Victoria. I see James' parents and my dad. I turned to James and hugged him.

"You did this for me?" He nodded and I kissed him.

I go say hello to everyone and give them a hug and kiss. "Aunty Avery. Happy birthday."

"Awe thank you munchkin." I hugged and kiss her cheek. We all sat down and ordered our meals. As everyone was eating, I stood up and thanked them for coming. James and I held hands the entire evening and had a great time talking to our family.

After singing 'Happy Birthday' and eating cake, all the guys went outside leaving us girls at the table. I looked at them confused and they just sat there smiling.

After a few short minutes they came back in and we all left. Everyone said goodbye before we left for our trip tomorrow.

Jay and I walked to the car and drove home. Everything was packed and ready to go tomorrow. He still didn't tell me where we were going. But I was excited because anywhere with him was an adventure. We got ready for bed and fell asleep quickly.

A few hours later, we woke up from our alarm. We were leaving for Europe for two weeks. We got dressed and headed to the airport. After going through security, we reached the gate and we were able to board.

"We are going to Greece? Oh god, I love you."

I planted kisses all over James' face. We were now on our way to Santorini. Several hours later, I was awoken by James. "Honey, we are landing. It's time to wake up."

 I sat up and cuddle up to James while waiting impatiently for this plane to be grounded. Finally, we were able to leave the plane. I was so excited, I grabbed James' hand and quickly made our way to the baggage claim. Once we got them, we headed towards the exit and waited for a taxi to take us to our hotel. "Jay, it is absolutely beautiful here. Let's stay here forever."

"If that's what you wanted, I'd do it cara mia."

I looked at him and kissed his forehead. How did I get so lucky? We made it to our hotel and right away we started to unpack and get everything ready. It was almost evening time when Jay and I finished. We quickly had dinner downstairs since we were so exhausted and just wanted to sleep.

The next morning, Jay and I were up around ten. He told me he had a special day planned for us. We explored a lot of ancient grounds and climbed up cliffs. We then stopped at this café for lunch before cooling off in the crystal blue ocean.

Jay and I were in the room getting ready for dinner which was in about an hour. I kept hearing him on the phone and he was pacing back and forth. It made me really nervous. By the time we were both dressed we looked so fancy. "Jay, are you sure we aren't overdressed for dinner?"

"We look beautiful, cara mia." He took my hand and he and I walked down to the car. A driver took us to the boardwalk of a beach. Why were we stopped at the beach? Jay paid him and got out before helping me out of the car.

"Jay are we having dinner on the beach?"

"Sí cara mia. I thought it would be very romantic to watch the sunset while enjoying dinner."

We walked to this table and I couldn't help but gasp. There was candles and rose petals everywhere. There was a bottle of champagne and it was right by the water. It was so romantic. I turned to Jay and kissed him. "Have I told you lately how much I love you?"

"You tell me everyday cara mia. And you show it every second of everyday." We sat down and a waiter brought us our dinner and poured wine. Jay kept staring at me and there was these feelings that were so strong in the atmosphere yet I couldn't pin it down. He just watched me eat, watched me laugh, and I had no idea why. But I never saw as much love in his eyes than right now. Maybe being in Greece did that to him. After dinner, Jay looked at me and he seemed to pale. I looked at him worriedly but he would just smile.

"Jay? Are you okay?" He nodded and waved me off but I noticed his hands begin to shake. We stood there at the shore watching the sun set and the sky lit up in shades of pink and purple. I don't think I've ever seen a sunset so gorgeous. Jay had his arms wrapped around me from behind. I leaned my head back onto his chest and I was content. This was paradise. After what seemed like a few short seconds, I felt Jay pull away. I didn't pay any attention to him as I started splashing my feet around in the water. It got really quiet after this, so when I turned around I saw Jay walking towards me.

He grabbed onto my arms and looked at me so seriously. I was extremely worried and nervous. Just then, he did something that made me fall to my knees.

"Avery, crossing paths again after 4 years was fate telling us we were made for each other. When I saw you at that club, I immediately recognized you for your smile and those eyes and your beauty in general. When you remembered who I was, it made me so happy because I thought maybe just maybe she had feelings for you too. When we kissed, I fell for you all over again. Each time we kiss, I fall back in love with you. As the days progress, my love for you grows stronger. You are my best friend and partner in crime. I love you so much. I am so happy I get to wake up next to your face and go to sleep with you wrapped up in my arms. I am here to promise you a lifetime of happiness. I am here to promise you a lifetime of unconditional love. I am here to promise you all of me, cara mia. Avery Jennings, will you make me the happiest man and marry me?"

I tried to find words to say and I couldn't form any so I nod. He kissed me and slipped the ring on my finger before picking me up and spinning me around.

 "Yes." He laughed and kissed me again. I could not stop staring at the ring. It was beautiful. James and I took a picture together and then he took a picture of my hand with the ring.

"Oh my God. That's why you were so nervous!"

"I had this ring for over a month now. Thank you for saying yes."

After sitting on the beach we went back into the hotel room. We hopped into the shower and dressed for bed. Being in bed together tonight was different. We weren't just boyfriend and girlfriend. We were promising forever.

James wrapped his arms around me and kissed my temple. "Goodnight Mrs Soon to be Evans."

"Goodnight Mr Evans."