Epilogue

~ 3 Years Later~

James and I have been married for 3 years now and it's growing strong. I honestly miss our honeymoon though. We went to France for our honeymoon and it was amazing. When we got back from our honeymoon, I got my first teaching job, we moved into our new house and started our lives together. We loved it. Both being teachers, we were able to sneak in many vacations — during summer holidays, winter break, and mini weekend getaways.

Jay and I have been trying to get pregnant for the last year but have had no luck. We've gone to doctor appointments and nothing is wrong or abnormal so we've decided to keep trying before thinking of other options.

"Good morning wife. How'd you sleep?"

"Good morning husband. I barely slept last night as did you..." He cheekily smiled at me before pecking my lips.

"I don't want to go to work today Jay."

"We have to amore mio. It'll go by so fast and then we can be back home and spending time tonight. Maybe we can go for a swim in the pool tonight." 

Jay and I got out of bed and got ready for work before kissing each other goodbye. I got to work and parked the car before heading into my classroom. I loved to teach and my students were so wholesome. I decided to teach kindergarten for a while, and although thirty kids between the age of three and four is a lot, I enjoyed every second of it.

Still, by the time I got home I was exhausted. I decided to take a shower and get dressed so that when James comes home we can have dinner. It was nearly seven-thirty and Jay still wasn't home. I was growing worried until I saw his name pop up on my phone.

"Hey Jay, where are you?"

"Avery, I am so sorry. I totally forgot I had a staff meeting."

"Oh that's okay, I was just going to order takeout for us, What do you feel like eating?"

"Honestly babe, just get something for yourself. I might be home late, but you eat. I have to go amore mio. I love you."

I lit candles in the living room and had a glass and a bottle of wine. I was eating dinner and watching Grey's Anatomy when the front door opened.

"Hey babe, did you eat?"

I kissed him. "Yes. Are you hungry? I ordered some for you too."

"No, we had dinner. The meeting was so long. I'm sorry I'm late."

"It's okay Jay, are you still up for that late night swim?"

"Avery, I am so tired. I think I am going to have a shower and meet you in bed."

Jay went upstairs to shower so I headed into my office and prepped for tomorrow's day at work. Just then Jay walks in shirtless and all wet. He comes up to me and takes my hand before leading me into our bedroom.

"I thought you were tired, Jay. We can skip tonight."

"Avery, I want to try again tonight. I really want to have a baby with you. And we've been trying for so long. I think that we should try again tonight one last time. If nothing happens we should look at other options."

Jay and I started to kiss before we got into bed and made love.

The next morning I woke up first and prepared coffee for us before getting ready for work. Jay came down and there was just this look on his face. He couldn't wipe that cocky smirk off his face.

"Good morning to you too. Why so happy this morning?'

"I'm just surprised you can still walk considering last night's events..."