Chapter 12

Avery's POV

Today was Valentine's day and I was getting ready for classes. James was waking me up so that I wasn't late.

"Good morning beautiful time to get you ready for school."

"Do I have to?"

"As much as I like you being home, you have to go to school."

He was repeatedly kissing my cheek trying to cheer me up. Getting up early was a struggle. I enjoyed sleeping in late. I preferred being up all night and sleeping all day.

"Don't you want to just leave the city for the weekend?" I smooth talked.

"Cara mia, as enticing as that sounds, you are paying thousands of dollars for classes. Today is Friday and then we could have a whole romantic weekend."

When I heard this, I jumped out of bed to get ready for class. A whole weekend of romance? Yes please. I took a shower and gotten dressed before having a coffee with Jay.

"Bye Jay have a good day and I'll see you tonight. I love you."

"I love you more cara mia."

I got to school and parked before running towards my first class. Not looking at where I was going I bumped into someone. "Oh, I am so sorry. I was rushing to a class."

I looked up and saw a guy around my age smiling at me. "No worries, I'm Isaac. Nice to meet you."

"I'm Avery, nice to meet you too. I'm so sorry, but I have to go. Professor Anderson does not like it when people are late."

"I was looking for his class. Guess we could go together." 

The lecture went by surprisingly fast and Isaac joined me at the library. "So Avery do you have any plans tonight?"

"I do. My boyfriend and I might have a weekend getaway. What about you?"

"Damn it. You are taken. I was going to ask you out."

I smiled and nodded. "I'm sorry. You seem like a nice guy. We can be friends though."

"Here's my number if you decide you want to hang out Avery."

I write down his number then say goodbye. "Well Avery nice talking to you but I have to go. Bye."

I went to my last class and soon enough I was in my car and drove home. I headed up to the bedroom to get ready and I see James asleep on the bed. I hopped in bed and started trailing kisses down his neck. "Avery."

I called him again. "James?"

I started shaking him. "James wake up I'm home. What are you doing home?"

"I called in sick. I didn't feel like going into work." I smacked him playfully.

"So I was forced to go to classes by the teacher, but the teacher ditched for a lazy day?"

He smirked at me and pushed me down on the bed so that he could hug me. I was secretly happy because that meant our "weekend of romance" could start early. I mean who doesn't love romance? We laid there and I put on 'Friends' and we just watched it and laughed. I must've fallen asleep because I woke up to found James asleep next to me. I snuggled closer into him which made him stir before talking,

"So Avery, I want our first Valentine's Day together to be special. I'm taking you to a restaurant for dinner, then a romantic walk in the park. Then we'll come back and watch a movie, and just enjoy our night."

I looked at him and smiled before kissing him. I was so lucky to call him mine. He was always going above and beyond for me. I just wanted him and the little things. But he is too hard headed to listen.