Chapter 5

After Jane and Evie had shared their findings with us, we all spent the rest of the day trying to figure out what the third key might be. Jane and I combed through all the books that she had gotten in the library, while Evie and Ben scoured the internet. We had Doug, Jay and Carlos out looking for anything that they could find in the public records that could indicate to any citizens that might have a background of good and evil parents. Together we all worked into the late hours of the night, working through dinner as we ate whatever the chef had brought up for us. And we didn't stop until Ben noticed that I had started to fall asleep while reading a rather large book.

"Okay guys," he said standing up and stretching. "I think we should call it a day."

Everything was stacked neatly on the coffee table and chest so that we wouldn't forget where we all were in our searches. Once everyone had left, Ben disappeared into the closet and returned wearing only his silk pyjama pants, hanging perfectly from his hips. I was already in my nightgown from my fainting episode earlier so I snuggled further down into the sheets. Once Ben had crawled in, he pulled me closer so that I had my head resting on his chest.

"I wish we could find out what this last key is." He admitted out loud. "It's so frustrating being King and not being able to do something! I hate that I can't protect you from this, Mal. And I wish that I could promise you that everything would be okay, but I honestly don't know anymore." He squeezed a little and I propped myself up on my elbow so that I could look at him.

"Benny, you can't protect me from everything." I replied, placing a hand on his cheek. "We promised each other that we could fight everything side-by-side, together. And I know that it sucks that I have such a wicked mother but I promise you that together, with our friends, we will break this curse. You've made it a top priority and everyone is looking for the answer."

Ben gazed down at me looking confused, "How?" He asked. "How on earth did I manage to be so lucky as to have you love me?"

And with that one question, I brought my lips to his and kissed him deeply. I loved this man with all my heart. I loved him before his was crowned the King and I loved him even when I didn't know what love was. After our kiss, we went back to our original sleeping positions and I fell asleep, knowing that I was safe in my husband's arms.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Mal's Dream:

I was running for my life. Mother chasing after me, along with every other villian that was on Isle of the Lost. All I did was run, until I came to a dead end in the street and there was no other way out. No house to hide in, no fence to jump over, nothing. I was alone and I was cornered...

I was suffercating, I couldn't breath and there was nothing I could do! It felt like there was water in my mouth, trying to drown me, but I was still standing in the street. Mother had her hand aimed at me and I knew this was her doing, she was trying to kill me...

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I sat up fast, gasping, trying to get air back into my lungs.

"Mal?" Ben questioned, anxious. "Mal, what happened? Are you okay?"

"It was just a dream. It was just a dream." I muttered, repeating the same sentence. I'm not sure if it was for Ben's sake or my own but my breathing slowly returned to normal and my heart rate had slowed down.

"Did you have the nightmare again?" Ben slowly rubbed my back, knowing it would help calm me down.

"No, this was a different one." I answered looking over to him. "In this one... she tried to kill me. She tried to drown me, but I was on land."

"Well, it was only a dream." he reassured me. "And you're safe here. She can't hurt you."

With that reassurance, I laid back down and fell into a dreamless sleep.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Big, bad, wicked mummy is coming out to play!

How was Chapter 5?

Feel free to comment where you'd like, or give me suggestions of how you want this story to turn out if you have an idea??