Chapter 8

Standing in the middle of the ballroom, it looked like magic! Jane and Evie had done an amazing job and I know that Lonnie and Chad will love it. They had been visiting schools and academy's all around Auradon, teaching children how to defend themselves. Because of Lonnie's background and Chad's constant annoying, Ben and I had appointed them Head of Security. They'd been away for months and I missed them dearly...Lonnie more than Chad though, he could be an asshole sometimes. 

There were little potted cherry blossom trees lining almost every wall, with twinkling lights hanging from the roof. There was a small stage at the far end of the room where a band would play live music. The buffet table was almost a whole wall, ready to cater for all the people that we had invited to welcome them home. There were little setting areas around the edge of the room for people to rest and have a chat, and there was plenty of room for dancing. I knew that had been Evie's input; as long as there was a chance to plan something that involved dancing, she was more than happy to take on the challenge. 

"So, what do you think?" Evie asks walking in from the side door. "Think they'll like it?"

"They'll love it E." I confirm giving here a hug. "It'll be the most talked about party, at least until the next one comes along."

"Haha, that's true. What'll the next on be?"

"No idea." I reply, even though I know exactly what it'll be... our baby shower! They'll be tons of presents, this kid is going to be the most spoiled of them all.

"Mal? Earth to Mal!" Evie was waving her hand in front of my face. "Hey there, where'd you go off to?"

"Just somewhere in the back of my head." I shake my head slightly. "Sorry, what were you saying?"

"I was asking what this lunch thing was about. What do you and Ben need to meet us all for lunch?"

"I don't know. Ben was the one that planned it not me." I say, pretending to be innocent.

The main doors to the hall open, turning our heads to the source, we see Doug's head poking through the little gap.

"You ready to go, E?" He asks.

"Yeah, I'll meet you out there." Evie turns back to me as Doug shuts the doors. "Gotta go get the main party guests. We'll see you at lunch." And with that she was out the door, rushing off to do get the guests of honour. 

Suddenly, I was left alone in the ballroom, to avoid the loneliness, I called one of the guards to find Jane.

Meeting in my official study 20 minutes later, Jane and I went through more of the research of the curse. Still trying to find out what the last key was. We already knew that we had to present Ben and myself, but the final key still alluded us. 

"I think I found it!" Jane squeals from her spot on the floor. She has papers all around her and struggles to get up without ruining them. "This is the research that Carlos and Jay found. There's about 3 children's names on this list with history of evil and good in there family!"

"Let me see!" I quickly take the paper from her hands. Sure enough, the boys had managed to find 3 children in Auradon with parents that were good and evil. "Gerald!" I scream. Not even a second later my personal guard is standing in the doorway looking like he's ready to fight.

"Your Majesty, what's the matter?" His eyes frantically search the room looking for a threat.

"Nothing! And if you 'Your Majesty' me one more time I'll have you fired!" I hated my close friends calling me that. "Where's Ben?"

He quickly talked into an earpiece, "He's in the library, You - Mal."

"Thanks!" I call over my shoulder, already out the door and making my way to the library, Jane at my heels.