Epilogue

Stella-Marie's point of view

I ran through the hallways screaming in glee!

"We're going to catch you!" I heard Mummy call through the halls.

"I can hear you, Stel." Daddy calls.

I round the corner and squeal as I run into a blue suit which belongs to my father.

"Caught ya!" He call loudly, as he picks me up and spins me around. I cuddle him when he stops swinging me, and I feel someone hug me from behind.

"There you are." Mummy says, tickling my side, making me giggle more.

"Mummy! Stop!" I cry trying to breathe.

"Time to go you cheeky monkey!" Daddy says.

"But I don't wanna go!" I cry.

"Stella-Marie, you promised that you would attend you Auntie Evie's birthday and make fireworks for her. She's counting on you." Mummy explains.

"Fine..." I sigh.

I grab Mummy and Daddy by the hands, and we make our way towards the ballroom. It was Auntie Evie's birthday and my present to her was to create fireworks in the room. I had a special display all set up and ready to go! If there was one magic spell that I loved to perform, it was the firework spell. Grandma had made me learn every spell that she could think of and she says that I'm better at some of them than Mummy was.

"Auntie Evie! Auntie Evie!" I call, running through the crowded room to the big purple ballgown that could only belong to Auntie Evie.

"Pumpkin!" Auntie Evie, picked me up into a hug.

"Happy Birthday!" I sing, and throw my arms around her neck.

"Thank you!" She hugs me back.

"Happy Birthday, E." Mummy says coming to hug her.

"I....Can't...Breathe." I gasp, I had managed to get squashed between the two. They pull back and laughed as Daddy says Happy Birthday and gives her a hug.

Putting me down, I went and found Uncle Jay and Uncle Carlos, and we danced on the dance floor! They were my favourite uncles because they weren't mean to me and they had fun!

"Excuse me." Daddy says into the microphone. I quietly ran towards the stage that he and Mummy are standing on and try to climb up the front of it, forgetting about the stairs. I struggle as someone picks me up and puts me on the stage. I say a quick thank you and run to Mummy's side.

"Our daughter, Stella, has a special present for our birthday girl!" Mummy explains, giving me a little shove forward. I wasn't good when it came to crowds, funny thing to be afraid of because I was a princess.

Sucking in a deep breathe, I said the magic words that Grandma taught me and shot my hands into the air. For a second nothing happened, but then there was a fizzing noise, then a bang and suddenly, the whole upper half of the ballroom was bright with fireworks of every colour. People 'oo'ed and 'ah'd because it looked so beautiful. And I couldn't have been happier with how it had turned out!

"Stella!" Auntie Evie called. "This is absolutely beautiful! Thank you!"

That left a smile on my face for the rest of the night. When it got to around 10pm I was starting to fall asleep in Daddy's arms.

"Alright, rosecake. Let's go to bed." With the party still in full swing Daddy quietly slipped out with me in his arms, and Mummy followed. We walked silently down to my bedroom.

"Did you have fun tonight, sweetheart?" Mummy asked as she tucked me into bed.

"Yep." I yawn.

"What's your favourite part?" Daddy asked, placing my toys around me.

"Being the princess and then one day when I'm queen I can have parties like that whenever I want." I reply with a smile on my face.

"Good night, our darling princess." Mummy and Daddy slowly and silently back out the door and switch my light off.

I look up at the ceiling to see my night-light casting the shapes of stars and planets on the roof, and when I roll over I can see the moon, big and bright, staring down at me as I drift happily off to sleep.