Chapter 11

The week after we found the last key, we contacted Maleficent through the barrier and took down enough for Ben, myself, and Melonie to get through. But what we didn't foresee was that Maleficent would take advantage of that and make the hole bigger for the villains...we would have been killed if Fairy Godmother hadn't been there. She shut off the barrier long enough so that the last lot of villains couldn't get through...and neither could my mother. The ones that got inside start to terrorize the kingdom, doing as much damage as they could.
Houses were crushed under giant feet, witches cast horribe spells on children...and they were all relentless, showing no mercy to the people of the kingdom. I used what powers I could to take out as many villains as I was able. I battled villains from witches to giants and everything in between. I was in the middle of battling a witch, Melonie and I were cornered and I was trying with all my might to protect her and keep us alive! Ben was battling what looked like a wolf of some form, he had blood trickling down from his forehead and his arm looked like it was hanging at a funny angle.
I watched in horror as the wolf almost killed Ben, he swung his paw and I screamed an ear piercing scream.
Feeling the energy boil inside me, I threw my hands in the air and let out whatever power had decided to show itself. 

The blast was blinding, I watched as villains and heroes alike covered their eyes against the spell. I aimed the spell at the villains and watched as they fell to their knees screaming and crying in pain. Fairy Godmother placed a spell around them as I held them all in place. Floating in the air in a magical spear containment unit, Fairy Godmother threw them through the barrier and they landed with a painful thump at the edge of the destroyed farms. 

Mother stood there in shock, staring at me as I returned her cold glare. We stood there for at least one minute, then Mother's eyes turned to Melonie standing behind me and she let out a cackling laugh that made birds fly away from her.

"You fools!" She yelled and with that she turned her back and left. 

Ben came running over to us, making sure that we were alright. Other than mentally drained and a few bruises I was fine, and Melonie didn't have a scratch on her. Handing Melonie over to a squad of guards she was taken back to the safety of the palace and to her family. Ben and I stayed behind to survey the damage that the villains had managed to make. It didn't look good, there were a few dead bodies crushed under what used to be houses, there were some injured and Fairy Godmother was attending to them with her first aid kit. But for the most part, the damage seemed to be on the surrounds, everyone that was killed or injured just seemed to be in the way. Which possibly meant that Mother never actually meant to hurt people.

Ben and I rode back to the palace in silence, I was ordered to go straight to Doc to make sure that the baby was okay and there was nothing that had happened to me or her. 

All I could think about was Maleficent's words before she turned away, "You fools." She said it when she had been looking at Melonie, what on earth had she meant by that? It was obvious that we weren't supposed to present ourselves to her until just before the sun set on our one year anniversary, so what was Mother up to?

I spent the rest of the day in my study, the library, anywhere that could possible hold anything to do with the curse, anything that could possibly tell me what Maleficent was thinking, what catch she had placed in the curse. We were 2 months away from our one year anniversary, which meant that we had to wait 2 months until we could break the curse. And there was only 3 months until I was due to deliver our daughter. These months would be trying and I knew I needed to start resting more but I couldn't.

"Stop frowning," Evie commented from the doorway. "You're going to pop a vain in your forehead."

I looked up at her and smiled a very fake and sarcastic smile. 

"Okay, what are you doing in here?" She asked taking the seat on the other side of my desk.

"I'm trying to find out what on earth my mother has planned. We don't actually know that anything about this curse is correct! We have only guessed at the answers and hoping to god that we are correct!

"Mother said 'You're fools!", just before she turned away this morning, there has to be an explanation, we know my mother, she always has her own twist to everything that she does. She would make the curse that simple to solve unless she had something else in play, something that she knew would make her win." I took in a deep breathe, I had been speaking so hysterically that I had forgotten to breathe. 

"I understand, Mal." Evie spoke slowly, thinking about what I had said. "Maleficent wouldn't make the curse so easy to solve, and maybe she hasn't made it that easy. Maybe we are missing something here. But you are 6 months pregnant, you are growing more every day and you need to rest more! You have another little being to take care of for the next 3 months.

"So, Ben has ordered me to make sure that the rest of your day is relaxing and stress free. You are not allowed to work anymore today, or tomorrow." Evie leaned across the desk, placed a piece of paper in the page of my open book as a bookmark and closed it.

"Fine." I surrender, flopping back in the chair in a very unladylike fashion. "What do you have planned?" 

"A girls day." Evie said excitedly. "We'll go get Lonnie and Jane and we'll have picnics in the garden for afternoon tea, we'll do eat others hair, make up and then we can put on a fashion show!"

"Oh, E!" I sigh. "I don't know if I can do all that. Can I take a nap first?"

"Yeah okay." 

"How about we do all that at say, 4?" I suggest.

"Sounds good!" With that as our final parting, she skipped out the door and down the hall, off to do whatever job she had to do.

I on the other hand, was much slower and less enthusiastic as I made my way out of the office. Shutting the door behind me I slowing made the short walk to my bedroom. Laying down on the bed, I was out in seconds, and for once I didn't dream.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Chapter 11, check! How was it? Added in a battle there, I'm not so good at writing battle scenes but I hope that it was still good.

Disney Descendants- to Break the CurseOn viuen les histories. Descobreix ara